Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-20-2018, 05:44 PM   #18271
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
Hi Walt

I can see the caravan but I can not see the camper trailer,they are different you know.

Dave
My impression has been that the British use "caravan" for what we would call a "camper-trailer" or sometimes just "camper," "trailer" being used for just about anything on wheels that is attached to and hauled behind something with motive power, and "pop-up" for the design that collapses for travel then opens like a puzzle box (see the cartoon "Mickey's Trailer" = a classic).

07-20-2018, 06:03 PM   #18272
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
My impression has been that the British use "caravan" for what we would call a "camper-trailer" or sometimes just "camper," "trailer" being used for just about anything on wheels that is attached to and hauled behind something with motive power, and "pop-up" for the design that collapses for travel then opens like a puzzle box (see the cartoon "Mickey's Trailer" = a classic).
Hi Walt
Check out 'Patriot Campers " an Aussie company now selling in USA.
They can be seen at the large outdoor show in I think in Arizona about this time of year.
The caravan is your camper trailer.
Our camper trailers are generally smaller than a caravan and have a fold out tent so soft sided and are way easier to tow.
They make 4x4 varieties ( Patriot ) that will go anywhere the 4x4 can go

Dave
07-20-2018, 08:46 PM - 7 Likes   #18273
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A sharp scene in a drop

07-20-2018, 11:42 PM   #18274
dbs
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
A sharp scene in a drop
Hi Eaglem
You definately have a way with the waterdrop shots
Nice one

Dave

07-21-2018, 12:37 AM - 6 Likes   #18275
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fs999 Quote
Excellent shots !
Thanks!

QuoteOriginally posted by DimC Quote
Thanks Bruce, this is really great to get a face on your avatars and see who's behind the forum posts.
Theses portrait are really well made, professional look for sure.

What godox flash did you guys used ? AD200 ?
I think so yes...

Hi Bruce

It's ..the..new lights I need......or.....mmmmmm

Dave
Yes! I'm working up to the right moment to bring it up

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
I second repits remark, very well done.
Best Regards, Bob
Thanks Bob.

----

'Space' at the Local

A special 'Science at the Local' was held on the evening of Tuesday the 22nd July at the Penrith Observatory, NSW.
Guest speaking was Amy Shira Teitel, "a professional space history nerd" (her words not mine) who kept the audience engaged throughout.
Special thanks to Hamish Clarke (founder of Science at the Local), Raelene Sommer (& staff) of the Observatory for lending their time and support and to the sponsors RDA Sydney.

<a href="https://www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/story/5538724/stargazing-crowd-flocks-to-hear-space-talk-by-amy-shira-teitel/#slide=2" rel="nofollow">www.bluemountainsgazette.com.au/story/5538724/stargazing-...</a>

Hamish Clarke & Amy Teitel

Hamish Clarke, Amy Teitel & Raelene Sommer

It's rude to point Amy...

Q&A

Book Signing

More Book Signing

Visual Autographs

I had a few minutes after the talk and my work was done to sneak these two images in =)

"My God... it's full of stars!"

Star gazing through the slit of the Penrith Observatory.

Bokeh Stars
07-21-2018, 01:17 AM - 7 Likes   #18276
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

07-21-2018, 01:30 AM   #18277
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
This view shows better the vertcal cliff down near the river, and if you can see at the upper left the pickup truck and camper-trailer ("caravan" for some Pentaxians) you get a better sense of the scale here.
Hi WPRESTO, I like these canyon images very much! I imagine they’d appear even stronger if you‘d crop so that the sky disappears. Just a thought ...

07-21-2018, 02:14 AM   #18278
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi Eaglem
You definately have a way with the waterdrop shots
Nice one

Dave
Thank you.......
07-21-2018, 02:44 AM - 7 Likes   #18279
Pentaxian

Leaden Fly-catcher, Byron Bay, New South Wales, Australia. K1II with Sigma 500 f4.5 APO DG EX and SIgma 1.4x TC

Identification corrected - it is actually a Restless Flycatcher
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 

Last edited by AdrianM; 07-26-2018 at 08:48 PM.
07-21-2018, 03:09 AM - 8 Likes   #18280

Small boat on a slipway.
Taken in a small fishing cove in Cornwall Pentax K1 ~ FA31mm f1.8
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-21-2018, 03:39 AM - 1 Like   #18281
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by acoufap Quote
Hi WPRESTO, I like these canyon images very much! I imagine they’d appear even stronger if you‘d crop so that the sky disappears. Just a thought ...
FYI: Each of the images originally contained more sky because, sometimes you want sky, and if you nip the top of a peak that's near the central part of an image, it doesn't look right (if a slope goes out of the top right or top left corner, that's OK, but if both slopes of a hill or peak or pinnacle are visible, with sky to right and left, and the peak is cut off at the top of the frame, it doesn't look right). So I always include some extra sky to avoid the cut-off-the-top-of-his-head syndrome. However, in PP I sometimes crop off all but a sliver of the sky, unless of course it's a lovely blue sky with puffy white clouds etc. that contribute to the mood of a beautiful place on a beautiful day. For amusement, when I get onto the other computer where I do all PP, I'll redo both images with no sky and post them just to see how they look and what you think,

This is a dreadfully long response to a simple friendly suggestion.
07-21-2018, 03:44 AM - 11 Likes   #18282
Pentaxian

K1-DFA2470. Hard to fit in the frame.

Last edited by biz-engineer; 07-21-2018 at 03:53 AM.
07-21-2018, 03:53 AM - 4 Likes   #18283
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A Fence in the Drop.

07-21-2018, 04:08 AM - 1 Like   #18284
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fishbones Quote
Small boat on a slipway.
Taken in a small fishing cove in Cornwall Pentax K1 ~ FA31mm f1.8
Nice photo and location. Just spent a week around Cornwall, Great locations for taking photos
07-21-2018, 04:24 AM - 2 Likes   #18285

I just went back, and scanned the K3 forum photos thread, and one thing I noticed is how few likes there were in that thread compared to this thread, and how much better photographers the full frame K1 has allowed people to be compared to the APS K3. It is particularly evident in LeRolls' work. His K3 work was very good, his K1 work is great.