Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 150762 Likes Search this Thread
07-03-2019, 06:58 PM   #24466
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
Thank you! here are two more from the same park (this time with FA 77).

Hattifnatt I have really been enjoying your street photos. Bet that man has a ton of stories to tale. The second shot is nice but I love the first one.

Best Regards, Bob

07-03-2019, 07:17 PM - 10 Likes   #24467
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Two with Old Faithful 200mm f4 macro, tiger lilies just coming into bloom in our yard, and a tiny little weevil.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-04-2019, 02:53 AM - 5 Likes   #24468
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

CELEBRATE! Or at least use this day as an excuse to do a little mild over indulgence.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
07-04-2019, 03:52 AM - 11 Likes   #24469
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I stopped by the river park again last night for better clouds than the previous night. I was on my way back from a real estate shoot and had everything with me anyway,
K-1ii & 15-30

07-04-2019, 04:51 AM   #24470
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
CELEBRATE! Or at least use this day as an excuse to do a little mild over indulgence.
Though I admire the technique (both photographic and caloric), I have to observe that the United States was invented thirteen years after Virginia and Massachussetts seceded from Great Britain. The Fourth of July holiday does not celebrate the founding of the United States. Offensive cultural appropriation?
07-04-2019, 05:15 AM   #24471
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dlh Quote
Though I admire the technique (both photographic and caloric), I have to observe that the United States was invented thirteen years after Virginia and Massachussetts seceded from Great Britain. The Fourth of July holiday does not celebrate the founding of the United States. Offensive cultural appropriation?
About holidays being the "correct" day: Washington's? Lincoln's? Christmas? Easter? Passover? Columbus'? Mlk? At least Memorial Day is still Nov 11.
07-04-2019, 05:26 AM   #24472
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
About holidays being the "correct" day: Washington's? Lincoln's? Christmas? Easter? Passover? Columbus'? Mlk? At least Memorial Day is still Nov 11.
No problem for me - I just ignore all that stuff. "See that you do not keep days and months and seasons and years." But this one's not just "incorrect", it's outright fraud on more than one level. Take, for example, the phrase, "our nation's birthday": a "nation" is a collection of humans bound by common historical culture, language, religion, race, and ethnicity. Japan is a "nation", the U.S. is not. I don't know why they feel that, for propaganda purposes, they need to shoehorn our views into traditional ways of thinking that relate to other kinds of governments. Why not celebrate what we've got under the Constitution instead? Seems like a much better option, to me. Or is there some need for emotional manipulation that I don't understand?

07-04-2019, 06:05 AM - 1 Like   #24473
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No problem for me - I just ignore all that stuff. "See that you do not keep days and months and seasons and years." But this one's not just "incorrect", it's outright fraud on more than one level. Take, for example, the phrase, "our nation's birthday": a "nation" is a collection of humans bound by common historical culture, language, religion, race, and ethnicity. Japan is a "nation", the U.S. is not. I don't know why they feel that, for propaganda purposes, they need to shoehorn our views into traditional ways of thinking that relate to other kinds of governments. Why not celebrate what we've got under the Constitution instead? Seems like a much better option, to me. Or is there some need for emotional manipulation that I don't understand?
The date is taken from the one emblazoned at the head of the Declaration of Independence and adopted as the official "start" of the United States of America, although the collective states were really not united then, nor now for that matter. As to history, to paraphrase Napoleon: what is history but a collection of myths to which we all ascribe?
07-04-2019, 06:35 AM - 1 Like   #24474
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Common grackle; morning dove; red-bellied woodpecker male; red-bellied woodpecker female.
Best Regards, Bob
Outstanding set Bobby! Really like the IQ on the morning dove, she's a beaut!

And don't think I didn't notice that 630mm stuff in the exif, heh. That makes the shots even more impressive. So which TC did you pick up? The DA 1.4x ?

Great IQ & Bokeh with that 150-450mm lens and TC combo, I'm impressed. I've been patiently waiting for the release of the new FF TC... but you have me re-thinking that. Is the AF still quick with the TC in anything other than bright daylight?

And....Thanks!
Eric
07-04-2019, 07:54 AM - 13 Likes   #24475
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Black-headed grosbeak
K1 and DA 560
07-04-2019, 08:55 AM - 12 Likes   #24476
Pentaxian

Del Norte Redwoods, with the FA-J 75-300:

07-04-2019, 09:48 AM - 7 Likes   #24477
Pentaxian

Our local zoo has a new baby giraffe. He was born Sunday evening and got to go outside for the first time yesterday morning. Here are a few shots from our visit yesterday using the Bigma and K1.

Mom and baby

Exploring a bit

07-04-2019, 10:25 AM - 4 Likes   #24478
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jabobby Quote
Common grackle; morning dove; red-bellied woodpecker male; red-bellied woodpecker female.
Best Regards, Bob
Nice last little fellow !

FF Mode • 200 ISO • Pentax DA* 55mm F1.4 SDM

FF Mode • 100 ISO • Irix Blackstone 15mm F2.4 • Rollei Astroklar clear-night filter
07-04-2019, 03:28 PM - 3 Likes   #24479
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yet more rain

07-04-2019, 04:05 PM   #24480
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
And George Washington wasn't the first president.

But he could not tell a lie.

Or so they say.