Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-19-2016, 05:00 PM - 1 Like   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
There is one serious problem with the Pentax K-1. That problem is: I don't have one right now.

Three cheers for Pentax! Congratulations!

02-19-2016, 05:07 PM - 1 Like   #32

Arigatou gozaimasu!!!
Thank you so much Ricoh-Pentax team!
This long awaited milestone has brought joy to the heart, satisfaction to the faithful and hope for the future.
I too will be buying the K-1.
02-19-2016, 06:13 PM - 1 Like   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thank you Ricoh for bringing us a well specced Pentax FF camera. Unfortunately, my tax return will cover the cost of a K-1.
02-19-2016, 06:28 PM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just thank you

02-19-2016, 06:34 PM - 3 Likes   #35

I have been a Canikon shooter for many years until late 2012 when I sold all my Canon L glasses and 5D Mark III.
I know Pentax is only a minor player in the DSLR market, but I never regret what I did, and absolutely love the philosophy
behind the Pentax system. I'm glad that Ricoh/Pentax finally join the FF club. It touches me a lot when I learned that Pentax
engineers put a lot of thoughts on the new K-1, and these thoughts are coming from Pentaxians around the globe. In
this sense, I believe the K-1 belongs to not just Ricoh/Pentax, but the entire Pentax user community as well.

Thanks Ricoh/Pentax, a job well done!
And kudos to those enthusiastic Pentax engineers who never give up their dreams!
02-19-2016, 06:50 PM - 1 Like   #36

A big thank you Ricoh for delivering this promise to all Pentaxians. It looks like an amazing camera and it shows how much thought about the users needs has gone into its making. It will for sure be my next camera. Always was a Pentaxian and always will be.
02-19-2016, 06:53 PM - 1 Like   #37

Well done

Well done Ricoh. Now please roll out some K3II APS-C replacement simillar to K-1, but with pop-up flash to command wireless flashes without the need of carrying more. (The same applies for the next FF body... )

02-19-2016, 07:02 PM - 1 Like   #38
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Thank you RICOH / PENTAX !!!

Thank you Ricoh /Pentax for bringing us, what appears to be, a solid full frame performer with a great feature set, the PENTAX K-1, and at a price point, that I believe, has pleasantly surprised a lot of people. Myself included. I am very anxious to get my hands on this beauty. I am retiring in a few months and this is going to be my retirement present to myself.
02-19-2016, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #39
Veteran Member

Well done Rocoh/Pentax! I am glad that I did not switch brands. When I bought my K5 a few years ago I did a lot of research to discover the camera that produced sharpest images at that time. Now if I were to do the same exercise once again for a full frame I would end up with Pentax again. Even though I have no brand loyalty towards Pentax (as I am pretty new to Pentax brand) you guys make some of the best photographic instruments one can buy at affordable prices for a serious hobbyist! Congratulations!!

Thanks to everyone involved and keep up the good work!
02-19-2016, 07:13 PM - 2 Likes   #40
Veteran Member

they used to say, there is a joke of "3 impossible things in photography world":
1. High megapixel from Canon;
2. Full frame from Pentax;
3. Sony's bankruptcy;

Now two of three are real!

Thanks Ricoh!!
02-19-2016, 07:15 PM - 2 Likes   #41
Dan
Pentaxian

I will thank the design team (and the executives who priced it) in the one way that is most meaningful: I WILL BUY IT!!

Dan
02-19-2016, 07:17 PM - 2 Likes   #42
Pentaxian

You did it!

Thank you, to the highly talented team that developed the K-1 and to Ricoh Imaging for giving the green light.

The K-1 is once again a paragon for excellent ergonomics and I applaud the designers for using a classic design language emphasising usability rather than serving nostalgia by falling into the "retro" trap.

Thank you again for this incredibly well-rounded camera that is destined to become a revered classic.
02-19-2016, 07:27 PM - 2 Likes   #43
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Dear Ricoh,

Thank you for providing many of my more elderly lenses with a proper, digital-era home. The little flat they have been living in has served them well, but I'm looking forward to giving them the room they need to express themselves fully. They particularly appreciate the unexpectedly low rent, and will no doubt invite their younger cousins in to enjoy the wide open spaces in the future.

Much love, Sandy and his FA*24, F28, FA31, FA43, A50/1.2, FA77 and FA135
02-19-2016, 07:42 PM - 1 Like   #44
Forum Member

Thank you, dear reps and engineers at Ricoh Imaging, for the Pentax K-1!
02-19-2016, 07:53 PM - 3 Likes   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thank you Pentax.
From the EI-c90, EI-100, EI-200 and EI2000.
You knew what was coming from the dawn of the digital age.
You knew what it would take, and like a candle in the wind, you tried to partner with other companies to share the risk, and achievement, but everyone let you down.
HP, Hoya, Samsung, Philips to name a few.
You somehow worked past the humiliation and debacle of the MZ-D.
You made your digital FF mirror-box on the *ist-D thinking someone would provide you with what you needed.
It never came.
You hunkered down, and put on your grown up pants.
You got sold, and tossed around.
You cobbled together what was on the shelf, and tried to remake yourself many many times.
You tried EVERYTHING from colors to blinking lights.
Big and small.
But we were still here.
We didn't leave.
The hardcore Pentaxians who would not let the FF dream die.
We took the slings from the mirrorless crowd.
From the Canikony crowd.
From every corner of the web.
We stood by.
We bought what you made for us, even during your fire sales and your orphans.
Thank you for finally finding your compass.
Your direction.
Your realization that sometimes, the most loyal fans, tend to be right.

Welcome back Pentax, thank you, and thank us - as some of us, have been with you the whole time.

Last edited by LaurenOE; 02-19-2016 at 08:00 PM.