Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
02-20-2016, 01:02 AM - 1 Like   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Will keep it short and Sweet. Now that Pentax has the K1, there is no reason that the professionals out there won't come onboard...

Now it is up to Ricoh-Pentax to build their professional service network.

:-)
Reliability, versatility, and strong third party support is what the K-1 needs to gain the trust of the professional market. IMO. this may take time and perhaps several iterations(update) as opposed to fast tracking FF product development

02-20-2016, 01:33 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Some of my colleagues in the studio have taken particular interest my in FA limited lenses...
02-20-2016, 07:18 AM   #33

One place where the increased pixel count of the K1 will make a difference is in group photography; more pixels per face.
D810 pixel count for D600 prices. Hard to beat.
02-21-2016, 05:02 AM   #34
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by LeDave Quote
Glad to have ya back Benjamin Kanarek! Hope the K-1 is the start of greater things to come for ya.
I am so sorry...but I am not really back with Pentax. I never completely left. We still use the Pentax K3 for most of our video's

---------- Post added 02-21-16 at 01:06 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by sholtzma Quote
Benjamin, I guess my question would be whether enough pros find the K-1's AF and flash capabilities sufficiently advanced (even if not yet to the level of Canikon's) to make the camera worth considering. We'll be curious to hear your judgment, if you test the K-1.
As I am using Nikon for my still captures, it would be up to Pentax to send me their gear to convince me that what they have on offer can compete with what I have come comfortably accustomed to. We do however still use the K3 for most of our videos. In fact we won a Silver Medal for Best Video of the Year using Pentax.

---------- Post added 02-21-16 at 01:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I would not second guess Benjamin Kanarek's opinion on this. If a globally recognized studio/fashion pro (who still uses K-3's for the video portion of his shoots) is telling us the major missing element is pro support, he's telling us the camera and lenses are 'there.'
There is nothing sweeter (and I am NOT exaggerating) than walking into a Nikon Professional Services Centre in Downtown Paris, give them my Nikon D800 bodies and say, "Hi guys, I just bought this new Nikon 180mm lens, would you please calibrate it on the bodies for me, as I have a shoot in three days and to my surprise, have them send me an e-mail the next day saying "you can come and get your material, the job has been done". That is what I NEED!
Pentax couldn't do that for me. I would have to mail my lenses and bodies to them and wait upwards of 3 weeks to get my material back. That just will not do. If they want Professionals to convert, they need to be where they are and understand the urgency of the moment. I had this discussion with James Malcolm at Pentax USA and he understands the issue quite well. Until then, I am a NIKON user for my still captures.

Last edited by Parallax; 02-23-2016 at 12:14 PM. Reason: spamming