Photos: Gallery
CRK have on facebook!!!!!!!
Why? Why? Why?
They have a website for goodness sake!
wizofoz pre-ordered one through CRK

02-19-2016, 11:48 PM   #17
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Agreed. Even if Oz is a fairly small market for Pentax, you'd think there would have been ample time to have worked out an AUD price to coincide with the global launch announcement. $2495 sounds pretty good - any less would be nice! Am kinda hoping it will be the same (or less) than D750 ie around $2299. The K1 is $200 less than the D750 in the US. Maybe just wishful thinking - given the $2000 price tag of the 24-70...
02-20-2016, 12:17 AM   #18
hcc
Pentaxian

I'd like also to see the new Pentax FF lenses on the Australian market!
02-20-2016, 12:21 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Relax everyone! The 18th was an announcement; The K-1 and the new lenses have not been released yet - that is at least six weeks away

02-20-2016, 12:48 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Relax everyone! The 18th was an announcement; The K-1 and the new lenses have not been released yet - that is at least six weeks away
Indeed. But the OP does have something of a point - Ricoh product announcements seem to sync well between Japan and USA/European countries (on their web sites and on social media, and the camera media), but Australia doesn't seem to be in the same loop. Those markets where Ricoh Imaging handles the Pentax brand 'in-house' seem to get a better marketing and communications feed than Oz.

Ricoh is probably making the same information available to Australia that they do to their overseas 'in-house' outposts, but perhaps CRK's marketing team is just disorganised. You certainly do get that feeling when you look at the local Pentax social media pages.
02-20-2016, 12:52 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Pentax K1

QuoteOriginally posted by Murra54 Quote
Camera Electronics are advertising the K1 and the two new lenses for pre-order.
Hi,

I have just received the same e-mai!

Regards.
02-20-2016, 01:06 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kev.pride Quote
Looks like I may have to buy online in future for any camera bodies as the only retailer I have dealt with since 2008 no longer stocks Pentax, well they do stock some Binos. Looks like CRK direct or online.
The word from the bricks and mortar stores in Adelaide (and I think I know the one Kevin means with the binoculars etc) is that CRK don't seem interested in working with them, so they don't stock Pentax.
Looks like they are trying to push all Pentax dSLR purchasers to their website and shut all others out. They also suggested that Canikon are almost as unresponsive. Seems that holding a camera in your hand before you buy is a thing of the past.

Chris

02-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #23
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by MoiVous Quote
The word from the bricks and mortar stores in Adelaide (and I think I know the one Kevin means with the binoculars etc) is that CRK don't seem interested in working with them, so they don't stock Pentax.
Looks like they are trying to push all Pentax dSLR purchasers to their website and shut all others out.
Well that is a great pity. B&M stores are still great way of getting newcomers to the fold. I would not be shooting Pentax now if it weren't for the advice from an Adelaide B&M.
Perhaps I should follow Digitalis' lead and order my K-1 from the same place....
02-20-2016, 01:22 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

it will be listed on Pentax.com.au within next few days, the price very compatible with US.
I think I will get one on the way to me soon although I never had thought that I would be getting a FF DSLR, love K-1.........
02-20-2016, 01:37 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
As far as I can see, the K1 has gone completely unnoticed in Australia, by retailers and wholesalers at least.

Whilst prices are being posted on websites in nations around the world, the "official" Pentax website in Australia (actually CR Kennedy, the importers) makes no mention of it. So we still have no idea of when and how much. Odd.
I suspect the price will be between $2.5k and $3k; CRK are not known for their generosity where prices are concerned.

The DA*300/4 was only $1395 a couple of months back and it's now listed at over 2 grand, an absurdity.

---------- Post added 20-02-16 at 07:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Bob from Aus Quote
CR Kennedy did have the K3 and the silver addition for pre-order sale. Now the wife is shooting through I will consider buying the K1.
Oh dear, sorry to hear that Bob, unless of course it's a blessing that she's ticking off?
02-20-2016, 01:58 AM - 1 Like   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Not If I have anything to say about it!

QuoteOriginally posted by Paul the Sunman Quote
the "official" Pentax website in Australia (actually CR Kennedy, the importers) makes no mention of it.
No surprises there CRK are experts in the field of cranial proctology...

Last edited by Digitalis; 02-20-2016 at 02:13 AM.
02-20-2016, 02:03 AM - 1 Like   #27
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
I suspect the price will be between $2.5k and $3k; CRK are not known for their generosity where prices are concerned.
Many of the prices for lenses and cameras on dcxpert (CRK's ebay store) are more than competitive with the US stores (and in many cases better than US pricing when you allow for the exchange rate). Unfortunately the full range isn't usually available but what is on there is well priced IME.
02-20-2016, 02:21 AM   #28
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Not If I have anything to say about it!

No surprises there CRK are experts in the field of cranial proctology...
Having your head up your arse at a time like this is inexcusable.
02-20-2016, 02:44 AM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
It'll get to Oz...just like the light of day...before the rest.
Kiwis get the sun first of course but K1wise probably next year knowing our pathetic importer
02-20-2016, 02:53 AM   #30
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by carlb Quote
Many of the prices for lenses and cameras on dcxpert (CRK's ebay store) are more than competitive with the US stores (and in many cases better than US pricing when you allow for the exchange rate). Unfortunately the full range isn't usually available but what is on there is well priced IME.
It's often possible to do better than CRK from one or other of the web stores, but never consistently the same one. DigiDirect sometimes have the best price, or DirtCheapCameras, or one of several others. Always pays to look around. Nevertheless, it will be very interesting to see the "official" Australian prices of the K1 and the new lenses.