Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 37 Likes Search this Thread
04-11-2016, 08:25 PM   #211

Just saw the release date of k1 inJapan is 28 april, does it mean the stock will be ready in AU also around the world ?

04-11-2016, 10:10 PM   #212

I emailed Ted's in Melbourne yesterday asking if they had received any further update regarding shipping date given it is now well into April. They then contacted CRK for an update and sent me an email this morning advising that:

"the eta at suppliers is 30 April. So we would expect it here in store first week of May".

Fingers crossed. Sounding promising.
04-11-2016, 11:16 PM   #213
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kinkindoll Quote
Just saw the release date of k1 inJapan is 28 april, does it mean the stock will be ready in AU also around the world ?
Probably yes. My [totally speculative] reading of things is that the long lead-up to the K-1 release date (CP+ launch was two months ago) was because they were ramping up production to cope with anticipated strong demand for the camera. The goal was to get a big pile of the cameras made and ready to distribute world-wide as soon as the Japan release was done.

Not much point releasing in Japan, then just trickling out cameras to each regional market. Strike while the iron is hot.
04-14-2016, 06:07 AM   #214
Veteran Member

Looks like discounting has already started for the K-1: DigiDirect now has it for $2798, less than the $2957 they originally had it listed for. And now $1 less than the DCW, Teds etc K-1 pre-order price.

04-14-2016, 03:08 PM   #215
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
that's a great "discount"
04-14-2016, 04:28 PM - 1 Like   #216
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
After my talk with Kennedy's the other day I've taken the risk and ordered the 24-70 from B&H. Slightly cheaper even with paying full duties etc. I've bought lenses from them before without problems so fingers crossed. I now hope the camera arrives for the 7 May as we're off to North Queensland and would love to take the new toy.
04-14-2016, 04:33 PM   #217
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
that's a great "discount"
So, you've "discounted" it?

04-14-2016, 05:01 PM   #218
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
After my talk with Kennedy's the other day I've taken the risk and ordered the 24-70 from B&H. Slightly cheaper even with paying full duties etc. I've bought lenses from them before without problems so fingers crossed.
Since it's a Tamron/Pentax, on the positive side you now have two repair or service options for that lens, I guess: CRK (but not under warranty), or you could always send it along to the local Tamron distributor (Maxwell Australia) for a quote.
04-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #219
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AussieTrev Quote
After my talk with Kennedy's the other day I've taken the risk and ordered the 24-70 from B&H. Slightly cheaper even with paying full duties etc. I've bought lenses from them before without problems so fingers crossed. I now hope the camera arrives for the 7 May as we're off to North Queensland and would love to take the new toy.
That's a big ticket item not to have local warranty, Trev.

All the best, obviously!
04-14-2016, 06:56 PM   #220
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
Join Date: Nov 2008 Location: Tasmania, Australia Photos: Gallery Posts: 3,389 | Likes: 252 Originally posted by surfar that's a great "discount" So, you've "discounted" it?

Yes, certainly in the immediate future.I can wait for the genuine discounts, but more importantly I want to see the results and the reviews of the "so called" experts.

Hopefully, by years end, there will be more choice as well.
04-14-2016, 09:48 PM   #221
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by surfar Quote
Yes, certainly in the immediate future.I can wait for the genuine discounts, but more importantly I want to see the results and the reviews of the "so called" experts.

Hopefully, by years end, there will be more choice as well.
Exactly my position.

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2016 at 02:56 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
That's a big ticket item not to have local warranty, Trev.

All the best, obviously!
I've also bought lenses from B&H before, although they've recently not been better priced than through dcexpert, which I know isn't an option for the D-FA24-70, as yet. There's less to go awry with a lens, in comparison with what can go wrong with a camera body, of course, with the possible exception of the dreaded sdm failure. Presumably the Tamron-based models won't be prone to that.

I've always bought camera bodies locally, even though I've not had a failure so far (my K-5 didn't suffer from the staining issue).
04-15-2016, 02:39 AM   #222
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RobA_Oz Quote
There's less to go awry with a lens
I also think it's unlikely something happens to a lens, Rob, more that it comes out of the factory a dud, as Roger Cicala has found even of Canon L Series glass.

Then you have to send it back to NY for warranty!
04-15-2016, 06:26 AM   #223
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I also think it's unlikely something happens to a lens, Rob, more that it comes out of the factory a dud, as Roger Cicala has found even of Canon L Series glass.

Then you have to send it back to NY for warranty!
Well, yes. I think most lens issues tend to be things like decentring or extreme front or back-focus, rather than the more exotic problems that seem to arise with bodies. Companies like B&H seem to have good postage rates, but my experience of sending things (not lenses, happily) in the other direction isn't so encouraging.
04-17-2016, 11:43 PM   #224
Unregistered User

So Pentax Australia just stated on facebook that the official launch party will be on the 10th of May here. Please tell me that they hold their launch parties after the camera hits shelves and not before. May 10 seems like an eternity.

---------- Post added 04-18-16 at 03:20 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by lightsource Quote
So Pentax Australia just stated on facebook that the official launch party will be on the 10th of May here. Please tell me that they hold their launch parties after the camera hits shelves and not before. May 10 seems like an eternity.
ok so Pentax stated that pre ordered units will be here in Australia by the end of this month.
04-18-2016, 02:06 AM   #225

I've put deposit of $250 with Digital Camera Warehouse and they are saying its arriving on 28/4/2016 and price confirmed at $2,799. Can't wait.
Ordered DFA 24-70 f2.8, fa50 mm f1.4, battery grip, few batteries, 36 FGZ II for start and then probably when I get some more money what to get DFA 15-30 mm and DFA 70-200 .Hope it'll be nice set up.