Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2016, 02:58 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Ricoh Image Sync v1.1.0 app supports K-1

Ricoh Image Sync
Android app for remote control, viewing and copying images, now supports the K-1 (as well as the K-S2, GRII, and Ricoh WG-M2 action camera).

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ricohimaging.imagesync&hl=en

I guess K-1 firmware v1.0 must be finished now if they are releasing this app.

I also find it interesting that when you open the app, it asks you:

Select the camera to connect:

then groups the following cameras together:

Pentax K-S2
Ricoh GR II

Ricoh WG-M2
Pentax K-1

suggesting that there is some commonality between the control interfaces for those specific cameras. The WG-M2 and the K-1 grouping is particularly intriguing.

Last edited by rawr; 03-12-2016 at 03:04 PM.
03-12-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I think some tethering software was included with K20. Then, there was a dry spell. Is this software bundled with K1 or is the tethering software an additional cost ?
03-12-2016, 04:15 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tan68 Quote
I think some tethering software was included with K20. Then, there was a dry spell.
Yes, after K20, Pentax tethering died (except for the 645D/Z 'Image Transmitter 1' software, and some Android/iOS various apps like the Flucard app). For some history of 3rd party Pentax tethering efforts, this is useful:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/310893-k-3ii-usb-te...ml#post3503989

QuoteQuote:
Is this software bundled with K1 or is the tethering software an additional cost ?
The K-1 is now officially supported by two current Ricoh 'tethering' products:

- Ricoh Image Sync [free Android app available via download]
- the Ricoh IMAGE Transmitter 2 tethering software [paid Windows/Mac software, also works with the 645Z].

At some point soon, I think the K-1 will also be able to use the current [and free] Pentax 645Z tethering plug-in for Lightroom.

Last edited by rawr; 03-12-2016 at 04:22 PM.
03-12-2016, 04:53 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Info at the Google page includes:
2.Remote Shooting
You can monitor the live view image on your mobile device. Various camera operations including EV compensation and shutter release are possible from a mobile device.

Does this mean liveview must be used for any of the 'app' features to be available. Or is it still possible to use the app for something simple like shutter trigger even if the camera is not in LV..?

03-12-2016, 06:11 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Picture transfer (with the KS-2) is much, much improved. It's possible now to transfer jpegs directly to the camera roll without first transferring to the app. Transfer speed appears to be faster too. It's actually usable.
03-12-2016, 06:12 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Does this mean liveview must be used for any of the 'app' features to be available. Or is it still possible to use the app for something simple like shutter trigger even if the camera is not in LV..?
I don't think LiveView needs to be switched on at all.
03-12-2016, 09:13 PM   #7
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
At some point soon, I think the K-1 will also be able to use the current [and free] Pentax 645Z tethering plug-in for Lightroom.
Yup, the K-1 plugin is currently in beta stage but it should be released soon. It mustn't be far away as it was on display at WPPI.

The camera doesn't need to be in LV, you just won't see any image. LV can be toggled on and off via the app.

Here's what to expect as the wireless functionality is virtually the same as that of the K-S2:
Pentax K-S2 Review - Wi-Fi Features | PentaxForums.com Reviews

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-08-2018, 08:24 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Anyone knows more about the html-based control of the K-1 with the "GR Remote" tool from Ricoh?
Apps
GR Remote | RICOH IMAGING
GR Remote