Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
03-24-2016, 05:14 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
The biggest thing to me that is a negative on the K-1 is that there isn't going to be a lot of new glass for it. We'll have three zooms, which will be nice and the FA limiteds, but I was hoping for a 20-ish mm prime.
That's just a matter of time. On the bright side Pentax has more FF lenses available upon release than Sony currently have years down the track.

Sigma make an amazing Art series 20mm f1.4.... Not that this helps.

QuoteOriginally posted by tabl10s Quote
How do you know the flash is weak?
My experience with Pentax and TTL was less than amazing as opposed to the way Nikon works. Manual flash is fairly universal so little difference there.

But as an example the D5 has introduced built in radio triggering of the new SB-5000. I know they are completely different beasts at very different price points. But the radio control is something you can see will trickle down through the levels.

Also I know a camera can't have every single feature each individual wants and that's fair enough. On the flip side I wish my D810 had GPS and Wifi.

QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
How much nice is Nikon's ISO 64 if at all.

Not sure how noticeable ISO 64 is but I use it where I can as it is the base figure. Sure is nice having that exposure flexibility though. I rather it at that end than at the higher end.

03-24-2016, 10:12 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
Pretty impressive to an old guy like me that will mainly shoot squirrels and birds out my office windows. For others I think the wait for a Pentax FF is fully justified with what Pentax has delivered.
As Pentaxians, we have always held our heads high and made no excuses for our justified loyalty. Stretch out your head just a little higher, we have made the leap and it is dazzling!

Regards!
Shoot Otis out of your office window with that thing and count his eyelashes!