Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-22-2016, 03:58 PM - 1 Like   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
If it has the electronic shutter would it not be possible to use that to increase the flash sync speed aswell?
Ummmm...sure...just a simple firmware upgrade to how live view works. Electronic shutter in live view will be migrated to the K-1 shortly after the same feature is available on the K-3/K-3II and K-S2.

Steve

03-22-2016, 04:06 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
A related question: I've come across some comments in the past (don't remember where) about long (really long) exposures burning things out in a dslr sooner than normal actuations (let's say normal is 30 seconds or less)... Anybody have thoughts? Let's say one were to take one 30 minute exposure per day (not going to happen here but for sake of the question... One 30 minute exposure per month would be more realistic for me and lot's of other one minute or less exposures on a more regular basis....) with the K-1. Would that shorten the life expectancy significantly from the 300K shutter rating?
03-23-2016, 12:10 AM   #18
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Ummmm...sure...just a simple firmware upgrade to how live view works. Electronic shutter in live view will be migrated to the K-1 shortly after the same feature is available on the K-3/K-3II and K-S2.

Steve
Do you care to explain your comment since I do not understand what you are trying to say?
03-23-2016, 11:58 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Tjompen, I think that Steve was just kidding (joking). We all realize that this would never happen (even though it would be wonderful if it did).

03-23-2016, 01:33 PM   #20
Unregistered User

Sometimes it is quit difficult to understand the subtleties in the english language when you do not hear the tone of voice.
03-24-2016, 12:41 AM   #21
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Sometimes it is quit difficult to understand the subtleties in the english language when you do not hear the tone of voice.
Sorry I was making a small joke. The (tongue out) emoticon is sometimes used for that.

Steve
03-24-2016, 01:02 AM   #22
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Sorry I was making a small joke. The (tongue out) emoticon is sometimes used for that.

Steve
No worries.

03-24-2016, 11:43 AM   #23
Veteran Member

If it has the electronic shutter would it not be possible to use that to increase the flash sync speed aswell?
I understand cmos sensors to use a rolling electronic shutter (scans line by line) that may end up with a worse flash sync than the mechanical shutter. Not the same as the fast flash syncing global electronic shutter on some ccd sensors. I'd be happy to be wrong

Enabling the electronic shutter for normal exposures would still be nice - the option to completely kill mechanical vibrations would be a boon for high-magnification macro for example.
03-24-2016, 09:56 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Isn't electronic shutter just electronic reads of the sensor without any mechanical action taking place? So isn't e-shutter life functionally infinite?
Not always, sometimes it's it's done via liquid crystal filter on sensor which acts like real shutter
03-25-2016, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #25
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

I intend to use the hell out of my K1 when I get it, not worrying about the shutter or anything else....except not dropping it like happened to my my K5IIs.

That's what I have a camera for.....to use it! I was at the Doc's office the other day and was asking him what irritated him most about some of his patients ( I had just heard a conversation he had with another patient in the adjoining exam room). He said that people worried about dying from this or that, some exotic disease or some imaginary ailment drives him crazy.

What is the point of worrying about dying if you are not living today! Live it, to whatever capacity you can, and enjoy it as much as is possible....and your camera too! Remember...this day will never come again......you can easily get a new camera!

I'm pretty damn excited about the K1, worry is not on my agenda. It's gonna be a heck of a camera.....I'm smiling as I type this!

Regards!
03-26-2016, 12:47 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I intend to use the hell out of my K1 when I get it, not worrying about the shutter or anything else....except not dropping it like happened to my my K5IIs.

That's what I have a camera for.....to use it! I was at the Doc's office the other day and was asking him what irritated him most about some of his patients ( I had just heard a conversation he had with another patient in the adjoining exam room). He said that people worried about dying from this or that, some exotic disease or some imaginary ailment drives him crazy.

What is the point of worrying about dying if you are not living today! Live it, to whatever capacity you can, and enjoy it as much as is possible....and your camera too! Remember...this day will never come again......you can easily get a new camera!

I'm pretty damn excited about the K1, worry is not on my agenda. It's gonna be a heck of a camera.....I'm smiling as I type this!

Regards!
+1, there no point of thinking to much about it...