Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-07-2016, 07:09 AM   #61
Unregistered User

Just saying! (sorry if its been mentioned) But for the price conscious, the Tamron 28-75mm f2.8 looks like a great option for a general purpose zoom! They can be bought very cheaply indeed! After reading the review of it on this site, I didn't think much of it. However, in trying to keep an open mind, I looked into other reviews. There are many who have reviewed this lens fairly highly! Above all, having looked at plenty of image samples on flickr, it actually appears to do very well! I'm not really a fan of zoom lenses, I prefer my primes. But for the sakes of having one for functions/work, I'm pretty sure I'll be getting one to keep my costs down. The pentax 24-70 would be lovely, but the Tamron is about 1/6th of the price and I'm finding it hard to turn down. If you don't have a huge budget and you are in need of a general purpose zoom, check it out!

---------- Post added 04-07-16 at 10:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by noelpolar Quote
Moving a slider in lighroom on my 2008 iMac and watching my picture respond is like watching paint dry with K3 files.... so I reckon I'll have plenty of chill time with K-1 files.
I feel your pain. I don't miss those days one bit!

04-08-2016, 07:17 AM   #62
Veteran Member

i also need to get some sort of hot-shoe extender to make my external flashes and stuff work with the k1 body. i'm not sure if such a device exists, but there has to be one....right?
04-08-2016, 02:08 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
i also need to get some sort of hot-shoe extender to make my external flashes and stuff work with the k1 body. i'm not sure if such a device exists, but there has to be one....right?
You need this because? I'm not clear on why the need for an extender.........
04-09-2016, 09:32 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
You need this because? I'm not clear on why the need for an extender.........
Because the k1 has a bump on the body for the built in gps, it prevents from traditional flashes to be added ontop of the camera, similar to the k3ii. An exter would raise the elevation of the hot shoe so an external flash or a trigger can be mounted on the k1 body

04-09-2016, 09:49 PM   #65

a nice A3+ or A2 printer would compliment the K-1.
04-09-2016, 09:54 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have recently bought a DFA*70-200 (locally) and two 128GB SD cards (from B&H).

In the last year or so just about every lens purchase has been geared towards the K-1. At this stage that includes FA20, FA20-35, FA*24, F28 and FA135 in addition to the afore-mentioned zoom. I can see The DFA15-30 and DFA24-70 (or maybe the DFA28-105) coming in the near future. Don't even mention the DFA150-450....

To partially counter that, I expect I will sell some DA glass, like the DA*16-50, DA*50-135 for starters, and probably my K-S1, K-S2 and film bodies. If I get the wide zooms, some of the above FF wide stuff will go too.

I think my computer will cope with the processing needs.
04-09-2016, 10:00 PM - 1 Like   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
Because the k1 has a bump on the body for the built in gps, it prevents from traditional flashes to be added ontop of the camera, similar to the k3ii. An exter would raise the elevation of the hot shoe so an external flash or a trigger can be mounted on the k1 body
I don't think the K-1 hot-shoe will have the same issues as the K3/K-3II hotshoe did with 3rd party external flashes (or other hotshoe accessories). The K-1 hotshoe sits higher:

04-09-2016, 10:47 PM   #68
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Let me see.

K1.

Battery grip with extra battery..

A few more memory cards.

Try and sell my first two DSLR's.

Not much else except keep my eyes open for any killer deals on fast full frame primes that aren't already in my kit.
04-09-2016, 11:26 PM   #69
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I don't think the K-1 hot-shoe will have the same issues as the K3/K-3II hotshoe did with 3rd party external flashes (or other hotshoe accessories). The K-1 hotshoe sits higher:
Funny enough I was just thinking about this the other day when I saw how little room there was between my yongnuo flash and the top of my k-3. The large prism of the k-1 immediately sprung to mind and I was left feeling like I'd have to replace my entire speed light kit! (3x + radio trigger) Great to see that the hotshoe sits as high as it does on the k-1. Relief.
04-09-2016, 11:28 PM   #70
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Arne Bo Quote
and two big filters to match the breast
not sure where to go with this one...

---------- Post added 10th Apr 2016 at 17:40 ----------

I've been collecting some gear over the years with an eye to the Pentax 35mm launch, so I have the 3 amigo's, DFA 100 macro, a sigma 70-200 that I got new and cheap a couple of years ago, and I picked up a sigma DG 24-60 to cover me short term as a 'walk around' lens. I have a stable of manual focus lenses ranging from early Takumar up through the M & K era's to play with as well. That should pretty well do me until I see if I 'need' the 15-30/24-105, etc.

I will be getting the battery grip with the K-1 and then wait and see. I have big hands and I like grips on my K series camera's
04-10-2016, 01:48 AM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lightsource Quote
Funny enough I was just thinking about this the other day when I saw how little room there was between my yongnuo flash and the top of my k-3.
I was also thinking of this issue a few days ago when I read the 'Design' story page on the Pentax K-1 mini-site. Unfortunately, nowhere in that discussion was there any mention of factoring into the K-1 body design compatibility with common photographic accessories - like 3rd party flashes. Luckily, someone at Ricoh HQ must have been a Yongnuo/Cactus/GoDox etc etc user.