Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-01-2017, 11:00 AM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
Crumpler
That's the first neck strap I've seen that looks super comfortable and good that it's flexible for sling style as well. I have a sling bag too and want to love it, but find that at least with the K1 level weight, it jacks my lower back up after a while. I still use mine for short stints but a full day I have to have a backpack that balances the weight on my back better. I'm with you on the tripod quest too haha! We need one that is about six inches folded, six ounces and extends to six feet and sturdy in six seconds!

06-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

With my sling bag I love how I can gain easy access to the K-1 in the bag by sliding across, I also learned only just this week it can feel quite comfortable to wear it on the front for awhile and give the back a break! But i also have lenses, K-1 AND the tripod in my sling bag, it's bursting!
On one of my safer bushwalks I actually just left the k-1 attached to the tripod and had the k-1 strap around my neck and held the tripod as i walked, as more often than not I was tripoding when going for a shot...
I felt as tho I could use a carabiner to anchor the tripod to my belt or belt look, I just needed some velcro or some system to keep it from bouncing around on my leg... I'm crazy enough to try and come up with something heh.
11-09-2017, 06:13 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So the price and advantages/disadvantages of the available l-plates for the K-1 seems to be:
$145 - Markins PP-K1 + LP-K1 - same specs as RRS, but more expensive
$120 - RRS BK1.......................- same specs as Markins, but cheaper (81g, 112mm length)
$115 - Kirk BL-K1N...................- wider and 0.3oz heavier than the RRS (91g, 129mm length)
$..43 - Genesis PLL-K1............- THE bargain

Last edited by angerdan; 11-09-2017 at 06:21 AM.
11-09-2017, 11:19 AM   #64
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
So the price and advantages/disadvantages of the available l-plates for the K-1 seems to be:
$145 - Markins PP-K1 + LP-K1 - same specs as RRS, but more expensive
$120 - RRS BK1.......................- same specs as Markins, but cheaper (81g, 112mm length)
$115 - Kirk BL-K1N...................- wider and 0.3oz heavier than the RRS (91g, 129mm length)
$..43 - Genesis PLL-K1............- THE bargain
Hey, nice list and find. I actually just got another MPU105 Universal Bracket this week, intended for the Pentax KP because I couldn't find another option really, and it only weighs 90g and is cheapish. The Genesis looks decent tho, wonder how much it weighs tho...

11-12-2017, 06:35 PM - 1 Like   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by BruceBanner Quote
another MPU105 Universal Bracket
Hey hey, more L bracket discussion! Thought I'd mention that I have since the olden days posts above foregone my use of anything to fill the bracket gap on K1... I discovered a personal preference a couple months ago, which is to have the bracket all the way slid over to where it prevents the opening of the battery door. The corresponding change made was to always opt to recharge the battery whenever I have the SD card out transferring files to computer, even if the battery doesn't need it. This way, whenever I am recharging the battery and have the SD card out, the bracket is loose and moved over to allow the removal and replacement of the battery. I leave it a little loose and moved over so the gap is there, which then reminds me to put the battery and SD card back in the camera before I go anywhere with the camera. It's a sad reality that I need these kind of reminders, but I've managed to go out shooting countless times in the past to discover at those most inopportune moments that I was without a battery or SD card. Well it sure hasn't happened since I've been doing this.
01-11-2018, 02:51 AM - 3 Likes   #66
FA*

I made an arca swiss style plate by casting it from aluminium. I have a milling machine so I could mill the edge. This plate can't twist because the two nobs on the frontside of the camera.
Attached Images

06-28-2019, 04:55 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So I'm planning to get the Acratech GP ballhead for the K-1... which plate should I use?

I just need a plate not L-plate.

06-28-2019, 05:11 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

FYI I went Manfrotto way and devised this system, it's so much better than having an actual L Plate on the camera;

06-28-2019, 06:41 AM   #69
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hattifnatt Quote
So I'm planning to get the Acratech GP ballhead for the K-1... which plate should I use?

I just need a plate not L-plate.
I use their 2-1/2" Lens Plate. It works fine with the raised lip facing forward.

2 1/2" Arca Style Lens Plate by Acratech
06-28-2019, 02:14 PM   #70

I use a Peak Design Pro Capture which uses the Arca Swiss plate. It's a perfect fit, and it hangs ever so elegant off of my backpack shoulder strap. It's a life saver