Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-16-2016, 04:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K-1 with 645 glass

Hi all,

I just received a new (old stock) Pentax 645-K adapter hoping that I could use my 645 lenses on the new K-1.

All seems to look fine, there is a spring loaded aperture lever in the adapter that moves the lever on the 645 lens, allowing you to set the aperture on the lens.

Just wondering though, how is it going to be using manual focus on the K-1?

I know there is a focus confirmation on the AF system, will that be accurate enough though for handheld work?

Scott

04-16-2016, 04:25 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adapted lenses would be manual focus and manual aperture just like M lenses. You will need to stop-down meter as described in our M lens tutorial.

Focus conformation has a good amount of slack and can only be used with the center point. But it should be able to get the job done at narrower apertures.

Also, live view is a great tool for precise manual focus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: