Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
04-23-2016, 05:22 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-1 Giveaway winner announced on April 26th

Full-frame for free: Ricoh offers Pentax K-1 kit with 28-105mm lens in Facebook contest
QuoteQuote:
To enter the Pentax K-1 giveaway, simply click the "Like" button in the header of the Ricoh Imaging page on Facebook, post a photo in the page's news feed, and tell the company "Why I shoot Pentax" in 1,500 words or less. The contest is open to all US and Canadian residents over the age of 21 (with the exception of those who're in Quebec). The deadline for entries is April 19th, and the winner -- whose entry will be selected based upon the quality of the photo and essay they've provided -- will be announced on April 26th.

04-23-2016, 06:34 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Not long to wait now - one way or another!
04-24-2016, 01:39 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by raymondjackso25 Quote
(with the exception of those who're in Quebec)
For us folk over here... what have the good folk of Quebec done to deserve this?
04-24-2016, 03:00 AM   #4

darn, rest of the world is again left out. how about a similar giveaway in europe?

04-24-2016, 03:47 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Probably Ricoh knows it will sell enough units in North America to offset the cost of the giveaway.
04-24-2016, 04:08 AM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
For us folk over here... what have the good folk of Quebec done to deserve this?
There is a law here...

A company that does a giveaway must pay a caution to the government if the prize exceeds a certain amount, and if that company doesn't have a head office in the province, and blablabla. Not sure exactly of all the details but almost all of the giveaways we see are like that. Ricoh ( as most of other companies ) didn't seem to bother filling a form and pay for the giveaway and at the end we the customer can't participate. Its supposed to protect us from something that i am not aware of. More often than not its frustrating
04-24-2016, 05:41 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Tax collectors are universally despised and now you know why. They are not protecting the consumer ; they are protecting the tax collection process. They couldn't care less about the consumer.

04-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #8
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MattCard Quote
There is a law here...
Thanks for the heads up, like many laws that favour the taxmen, it's not always good for us.
04-24-2016, 04:42 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by quh86 Quote
darn, rest of the world is again left out. how about a similar giveaway in europe?
Seconded. I was excited when I stumbled across the contest, especially as you have some degree of control over the result because you can increase your chances of winning by producing an excellent image and essay - then I realised it's only for North Americans

No love for Europeans ... not in terms of lens prices and not in terms of contests ...
04-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Let's not forget those of us who refuse to sign up for facebook. Not even a giveaway like that is worth it.
04-24-2016, 06:49 PM   #11
Pentaxian

I guess that is because fb is restricted to northamericans, isn't it ?
Can't check freely and safely from my computer
04-25-2016, 04:26 PM   #12
Pentaxian

Not long now. Though I must say, if I have any chance of winning it is from the content rather than the technical excellence of my photograph.

I'm sure if it's one of us, we'll all know about it soon enough. And I'm sure the moderators will forgive just one expletive of joy, just once.
04-25-2016, 07:13 PM   #13
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Not long now. Though I must say, if I have any chance of winning it is from the content rather than the technical excellence of my photograph.

I'm sure if it's one of us, we'll all know about it soon enough. And I'm sure the moderators will forgive just one expletive of joy, just once.
I chose not to enter for several reasons, including the fact that I wouldn't make as good use of it as many others of you would.
But the whole thing has been exciting anyway, and I wish you all well {even though only one person can receive the prize}
04-25-2016, 08:15 PM   #14
Veteran Member

I chose not to enter.
1) I had no chance.
2) Age...

But if you win you can thank me if you discovered about it here on PF
04-25-2016, 08:20 PM   #15
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I chose not to enter for several reasons, including the fact that I wouldn't make as good use of it as many others of you would.
But the whole thing has been exciting anyway, and I wish you all well {even though only one person can receive the prize}
I confess...I forgot to enter.

I had an excellent photo and a compelling essay too

Steve