Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-26-2016, 11:13 PM   #1

K1 - aftermarket - rear screen lcd protector

Hi,

I've ordered a Pentax K1 and very much looking forward to it.

Each and every camera I have purchased so far I have added a screen protector to the rear lcd.

Anybody know of a manufacturer making rear tempered glass protectors?

Thanks,

Tom.

04-27-2016, 01:21 AM   #2
Veteran Member

I read somewhere that they use hardened glass on the rear (something like the iPhone gorilla glas). I think we don't really need a protection for the K1
04-27-2016, 02:33 AM - 1 Like   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i5_david Quote
I read somewhere that they use hardened glass on the rear (something like the iPhone gorilla glas). I think we don't really need a protection for the K1
please, don't use the words 'hardenned glass' and 'iPhone' together Having seen virtually every iPhone owner known to me fixing their screen, and having never broken my Nokia Lumia, it is an insult
04-27-2016, 04:29 AM - 2 Likes   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have always used screen protectors from protectionfilms24.com , they always have LCD protectors for Pentaxes and provide them for both rear and top LCD's. I have already ordered mine for my K1. They have all types of films even hardened glass ones.
Yes they are in Germany but their shipping is very prompt and reasonable even all the way to me in Australia.

Glenn

04-27-2016, 07:44 AM   #5
Forum Member

Thanks for the info, just ordered one for my upcoming K1. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to Canada.
04-27-2016, 11:55 AM   #6

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tjstimbo Quote
Thanks for the info, just ordered one for my upcoming K1. Hopefully it won't take too long to get to Canada.
Probably get there before the camera does.
07-08-2016, 11:27 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by G and T Quote
I have always used screen protectors from protectionfilms24.com , they always have LCD protectors for Pentaxes and provide them for both rear and top LCD's. I have already ordered mine for my K1. They have all types of films even hardened glass ones.
Yes they are in Germany but their shipping is very prompt and reasonable even all the way to me in Australia.

Glenn
I ordered the HD-Clear version for my k-1 and didn't realize it came with the top protector too. I can vouch for the speedy delivery. It took about a week from Germany to Canada. The top protector fits perfectly and the rear fits nearly perfectly (like a millimetre off).

They have the clear, matte, and hardened glass. I decided on the clear one to try to keep the properties of the original screen (which it does). The matte would likely be better for outdoors in the sun, but also reduce some contrast. I didn't feel like trying the hardened glass one since it's supposedly a tiny bit thicker. With the clear one I wouldn't even be able to tell (by touch or sight) that it's there.

Hope this helps someone in the future.

Oh, yea and I found that ebay was cheapest for me and it also comes direct from them.