Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
04-29-2016, 01:21 AM   #16
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ksm Quote
43 I haven't tried yet, I expect it to perform well. It did great on film. Yes, the nightmare macro hunty lens of doom exactly my feelings. Glad you say it is great on K1. Have to try it too. It is a great lens, very sharp with nice bokeh.
And congrats to K1! 😄

---------- Post added 29th Apr 2016 at 07:42 ----------

I have the newer version 2. When I tried to mount it on K 1 I thought the K1 won't take the ring, then I tried to mount other lenses with rings without any problem. And there I noticed Helios 40-2 is just too fat at the bottom it misses only like half of mm to be mouted.
I don't know about sigma, I don't own that lens. Hopefully you'll find some solution that would work for you.
So. You have older version helios 40-2 with tripod ring. It's really 'fat' . The newer version made in 2013 will mount without problems.

04-29-2016, 01:37 AM   #17
ksm

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Medex Quote
So. You have older version helios 40-2 with tripod ring. It's really 'fat' . The newer version made in 2013 will mount without problems.
oh, I didn't know there was even newer version than that. So I have the older version, you're right. I stopped checking about lenses because I was spending too much money on LBA better not to know)
Let me see then the photos you'll take with that combo!
04-29-2016, 09:15 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
😃 Sorry, well... not that sorry. 15-30 is a beautiful lens, veeeeery sharp wide open (for the moment I checked only the center of the image, but OMG!!!) but a bit bigger than I imagined, though it enters in my bag without any problem. love it already.
I haven't tried all my lenses yet, but what is disappointing I cannot mount my Helios 40, the 85/1.5 portrait lens. The base of the lens is too large and collides with the camera body under the "what-would-be-oncamera-flash". Pity, will have put that lens on diet 😅...
I'm glad you mentioned this, you saved me $300+ :P I find this disappointing as well. Did you have a older original Helios, or one of the new revived versions? I wonder if they all have this issue.
04-29-2016, 10:53 AM   #19
ksm

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dr_who Quote
I'm glad you mentioned this, you saved me $300+ :P I find this disappointing as well. Did you have a older original Helios, or one of the new revived versions? I wonder if they all have this issue.
I thought I had the newer one, but no Apparently this lens has been refreshed in 2013 and it is not that fat at the base. mine has still the tripod socket. tomorrow I am going to check if I cannot remove it somehow.
so the new version should mount without any problem. there you go, you can spend your 300 without regrets 😜

04-29-2016, 11:09 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I thought I had the newer one, but no Apparently this lens has been refreshed in 2013 and it is not that fat at the base. mine has still the tripod socket. tomorrow I am going to check if I cannot remove it somehow.
so the new version should mount without any problem. there you go, you can spend your 300 without regrets ��
Well good to know which one to get at least. Post some pictures with the helios when your able to make it to fit on.

Last edited by Dr_who; 04-29-2016 at 11:20 AM.