Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-10-2016, 07:24 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-1 & Image Sync

I've got my K-1 (yay!) and have been fiddling with Image Sync, but I can't get image files to transfer. I'm using a Samsung S4 with Android 5.0.1. I can get the app to communicate with the camera OK. I can see images on both cards. I can select multiple images, long-press, then press the little pop-up bubble that looks like a camera with wifi waves coming out. Then I get an error message, "Confirmation, Image transfer interrupted."

This is driving me nuts. Can anyone help?

05-10-2016, 07:27 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

As with previous Flucards, Composition Adjustment must be disabled for remote linking to work.
05-10-2016, 07:30 PM   #3
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
I've got my K-1 (yay!) and have been fiddling with Image Sync, but I can't get image files to transfer. I'm using a Samsung S4 with Android 5.0.1. I can get the app to communicate with the camera OK. I can see images on both cards. I can select multiple images, long-press, then press the little pop-up bubble that looks like a camera with wifi waves coming out. Then I get an error message, "Confirmation, Image transfer interrupted."

Bummer you're having trouble with the image sync. I have been using it for an iphone, and it has been working well for what it was designed to do. I just wish it had a timer delay on it could replace a remote on family pictures. Hopefully Pentax reads the forums and makes improvements in the new updates. I think Image Sync is an awesome idea, has great potential, but does need some work. Best of luck finding your solution.
05-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
As with previous Flucards, Composition Adjustment must be disabled for remote linking to work.
Where/how is this done?

05-10-2016, 07:41 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Where/how is this done?
You're not using a Flucard, though. You're using the camera's built-in WiFi and the Image Sync app. I don't think that's relevant.

I'd say double check that your phone's WiFi settings aren't trying to "smart switch" to WiFi connections with better coverage - sometimes your phone is too smart. When your phone is connected to your camera's WiFi, it may detect that it is NOT an internet/data connection and disconnect, looking for a stronger signal.

Otherwise, I don't have the K-1, but WiFi/Image Sync has always worked perfectly on my K-S2

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/184-pentax-k-s1-k-s2/304177-help-copying-...ml#post3378538
05-10-2016, 09:38 PM   #6
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Poor signal strength perhaps? How far away from the camera were you standing?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-10-2016, 10:11 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Doesn't hurt to check. Composition Adjust. is in Main Menu 4 on the K-1.

05-10-2016, 10:35 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Composition Adjust was off. Camera was within 2 feet of smartphone. Sounds like Sara needs to come over and fix my situation.... the K1 jpgs are pretty good and worth sharing.
05-10-2016, 11:42 PM   #9

I also haven't had any luck with Image Sync at all on Android (Nexus 5). After fiddling around a bit, I was able to connect and (very slowly) transfer a photo or two, then it died again and I couldn't reconnect. The camera and phone were within 1ft of each other.
05-11-2016, 12:41 AM   #10

I haven't been able to connect with a Nexus 6 either.
I'm going to try remix OS on a Dell laptop next...
05-11-2016, 02:11 AM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums

In your wifi settings, go to More and try turning off Smart Network Switch, JC.

That may be the reason. Haven't seen a problem with remote shooting on my S6, although I haven't tried transferring files. ☺
05-11-2016, 04:47 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
On my k-s2 my problems stopped when I quit using nfc or even image sync to connect to the app. Turn on the camera WiFi then find it on your phone and connect before you ever open the app. The app opens for me ready to go. I did find af/mf switch must be on af before app is run for it to work. If on mf exit image sync and switch it.
05-11-2016, 05:00 AM   #13
Forum Member

Why must wifi in devices always be an issue? It seems like everybody who has had initial trouble but gotten the app working, has had to follow some completely different process from the next person to do so.
05-11-2016, 05:50 AM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Complexity is the spice of a full life.
05-11-2016, 07:30 AM   #15
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
....I did find af/mf switch must be on af before app is run for it to work. If on mf exit image sync and switch it.
Thanks for the suggestion, but this didn't work for me.

---------- Post added 05-11-16 at 08:49 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
In your wifi settings, go to More and try turning off Smart Network Switch, JC. ☺
It took me a while to find that setting (there is no "More" button), but I did find it and it was already turned off. Thanks for the suggestion, clackers!