Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-11-2016, 12:39 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H and Adorama both show K-1 as backordered.

B&H and Adorama both show K-1 as backordered. B&H says expected availability as July 2016.

05-11-2016, 01:27 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Based on what I can see, there are still a number of unfilled pre-orders at B&H. That's most likely the reason that they're projecting such a late availability date for the camera to be "fully in stock".

Shipments have been trickling out over the course of the past days.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-11-2016, 04:31 AM   #3
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Australian K-1 launch last night included a comment from our local distributor as described here:

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote
If I heard him correctly I think the most important statement was from CR kennedy. He said that once the current stock is sold it will be approx. 3 months until they get any more stock due to the very high global demand.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319289-pentax-australia-k-1-launch-8.html

The distributor is also showing the D-FA 15-30 and 70-200 as out of stock. There are some around, as I saw the 70-200 yesterday but it seems the Pentax FF is indeed quite the popular beastie.

Adam would be in a better position to know what is going on with B&H and Adorama, but I will add that the K-1 is definitely worth waiting for, even if it can't be delivered until July.

Tas
05-11-2016, 04:39 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
The Australian K-1 launch last night included a comment from our local distributor as described here:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/319289-pentax-australia-k-1-launch-8.html

The distributor is also showing the D-FA 15-30 and 70-200 as out of stock. There are some around, as I saw the 70-200 yesterday but it seems the Pentax FF is indeed quite the popular beastie.

Adam would be in a better position to know what is going on with B&H and Adorama, but I will add that the K-1 is definitely worth waiting for, even if it can't be delivered until July.

Tas
If that holds true, it would be quite sad. 3 months is a long wait and it could probably dissuade people to choose Pentax over a competitor.

05-11-2016, 04:49 AM   #5
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kp0c Quote
If that holds true, it would be quite sad. 3 months is a long wait and it could probably dissuade people to choose Pentax over a competitor.
Hopefully it isn't 3 months as I'd expect that could be the case if the marketing isn't up to scratch.
05-11-2016, 04:52 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kp0c Quote
3 months is a long wait
A bit puzzling too. Every report [USA, Australia etc] is saying 3 months wait now. But surely Ricoh will be releasing cameras onto the market as soon as they come out of the factory door, and they have enough to fit into a shipping container. Not pile every K-1 manufactured up for a month or two, and then ship to stores.
05-11-2016, 05:03 AM   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Based on what I can see, there are still a number of unfilled pre-orders at B&H. That's most likely the reason that they're projecting such a late availability date for the camera to be "fully in stock".

Shipments have been trickling out over the course of the past days.
Maybe there but I spoke live to an Adorama rep yesterday, with him checking the warehouse, and he told me at the time I would be #4 on the list for an at earliest expected July delivery, otherwise I would have placed an order.

05-11-2016, 05:18 AM   #8

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
A bit puzzling too. Every report [USA, Australia etc] is saying 3 months wait now. But surely Ricoh will be releasing cameras onto the market as soon as they come out of the factory door, and they have enough to fit into a shipping container. Not pile every K-1 manufactured up for a month or two, and then ship to stores.
If it's true, it might be related to supply/ parts shortages due to the recent Kumomoto earthquake. Nikon, Fuji and Sony are projecting supply shortages already for that reason.
05-11-2016, 06:55 AM   #9
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tariq Quote
If it's true, it might be related to supply/ parts shortages due to the recent Kumomoto earthquake. Nikon, Fuji and Sony are projecting supply shortages already for that reason.
This would certainly make sense.
05-11-2016, 10:11 AM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I'm really not sure about these estimates. For all we know Adorama could get more K-1's tomorrow

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: