Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 14 Likes Search this Thread
05-15-2016, 04:30 PM   #31
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reytor Quote
I also like the fact that they actually show what they do with the equipment, not just plah plah.
Exactly! I hate those Youtube videos where someone is just sitting behind a table talking about a camera for ten minutes that is sitting in front of him idly, maybe occasionally being picked up for a second. The reviews where people go out and shoot a camera are always the best ones!

05-15-2016, 11:46 PM   #32

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
I was preparing to be the angry Pentaxian when the intro started Fun to watch and the only gripes he had are actually costumizable.
It made me wan't to go out and shoot even if it is poring down...
Oh, wow, you got a K-1! You should shoot in the rain. How do you like your new camera?
05-16-2016, 01:45 AM   #33
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Racerdew Quote
Oh, wow, you got a K-1! You should shoot in the rain. How do you like your new camera?
I did shoot in the rain, always have. That's why I have Pentax. The K-1 is a step up from using the K-3. The way I shoot the flippy screen is really useful. Love the dynamic range. I am pulling detail from the dark shadows with no noise. Love the new customizable quick menu, the new dial is great, faster AF is nice, much better SR than the K-3 and a little better than the K-5. Huge viewfinder that combined with the shallower depth of field makes manual focus easier than the K-3.

In short. It is a camera really fun and easy to use. The only downside is that with the new lenses it is huge and heavy.

But if the weather is sunny I still can use the K-3 for smaller size and lighter weight because in good light it is difficult to see any difference in IQ between the two cameras unless you use pixel shift or need to brighten the shadows alot.
05-16-2016, 02:04 AM   #34
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by FantasticMrFox Quote
Exactly! I hate those Youtube videos where someone is just sitting behind a table talking about a camera for ten minutes that is sitting in front of him idly, maybe occasionally being picked up for a second. The reviews where people go out and shoot a camera are always the best ones!
Not always, as example:

As a potential buyer this guy only convinced me that K-1 has great image stabilization because his hands are so terribly shaky but his photos are not blurred.
Everything else in almost half hour review is not a good presentation of K-1 capabilities although it is undisputed that he loves his K-1 very much.

05-16-2016, 05:54 AM   #35
Veteran Member

Wow, this video was a good one and TOTALLY convinced me to buy the 24-70 when I have the bucks ready. seems to be an incredible piece of glas...
05-16-2016, 04:19 PM - 2 Likes   #36
Veteran Member

I did shoot in the rain, always have. That's why I have Pentax.
Indeed - honestly there's a much higher chance that I'd have sold my K-3 and 50-135 by now except for the awesome weather sealing.
Nice to have a setup for weather... and based on how in-the-mood I am for ME getting wet (which is unavoidable) I'll go out in the pouring rain intentionally also.
Heck of a lot of fun taking advantage of it intentionally and not just as a safe-guard.

05-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #37

I did shoot in the rain, always have. That's why I have Pentax. The K-1 is a step up from using the K-3. The way I shoot the flippy screen is really useful. Love the dynamic range. I am pulling detail from the dark shadows with no noise. Love the new customizable quick menu, the new dial is great, faster AF is nice, much better SR than the K-3 and a little better than the K-5. Huge viewfinder that combined with the shallower depth of field makes manual focus easier than the K-3.

In short. It is a camera really fun and easy to use. The only downside is that with the new lenses it is huge and heavy.

But if the weather is sunny I still can use the K-3 for smaller size and lighter weight because in good light it is difficult to see any difference in IQ between the two cameras unless you use pixel shift or need to brighten the shadows alot.
Thanks for the info! Sounds really good and a great camera.