Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-19-2016, 08:49 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
35mm Macro Fine Auto Focus Adjust - Does it work for you?

I'm seeing an odd behavior with the autofocus adjust menu with the 35mm Macro lens.

I've tried running the adjustments from -10 to +10 and nothing changes. Did the firmware upgrade and no change.

If you have a copy of the lens in your kit, it would be good to check.

FWIW, the FA 50mm F1.4 adjusted just fine with +3.

05-19-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I use a red ruler for all my autofocus tests - easy to see the front and back focus plus it's a multi-tasker.

I usually try to test at the distance I want to use the lens. For Macro, I expect it to hit at macro distances - in this case about one foot away.

The real question is: are there some AF lenses that don't respond to AF adjustments on the K1?
05-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Any self managed/set at right angle targets are prone to aligment errors by my opinion and will probably just don't get you good results at all. I never had any FF/BF problems after using foccal target method.
05-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thank you Reed.

Are you saying that your copy of the 35mm Macro on the K1 responds to AF adjustment setting changes?

05-19-2016, 09:21 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I do not own K-1 and macro 35 ltd. But all lenses worked with fine tune on any camery body I own/owned if there was option for it. And well- it never worked well on closest focusing distance/macro setting, rest of scale got allways messed up... BUT it allways worked nice, when set "service" way, by using proper target and suggested focal lenght and setting it in proper aligment(tripod,spirit level's etc)

Last edited by Reed; 05-19-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: typo