Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
05-20-2016, 12:36 AM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by matewka Quote
As I said before, my Windows is a special N version. It doesn't include Windows Media Player and some other stuff. I guess the "other stuff" includes some PTP camera drivers. I'll investigate this later when I'm back home.
Yup, that would be it.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3010081

QuoteQuote:
Windows 10 camera devices: Cameras that use the picture transfer protocol (PTP) do not work.
Download this and you should be all set:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48231

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-02-2020, 11:56 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I also had the issue of tethering using Lightroom Classic and my windows 10 laptop was unable to recognise my Pentax K1ii. With it all connected and the plugin running, LR was searching for the camera and the camera was bascially dead and with the "PcP' error on the top screen. In my case I had successfully used tethering a year or so earlier so I knew it should work - the only difference was a new laptop. I checked the firmware, PTP USB, windows 10 version, changed USB ports, tried every permutation of startup sequence - nothing worked. Solution: changed the USB cable and voila, tethering works like a charm (very useful for doing the AF fine adjustment on some lenses).
08-03-2020, 06:25 PM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RedBoomer Quote
I also had the issue of tethering using Lightroom Classic and my windows 10 laptop was unable to recognise my Pentax K1ii. With it all connected and the plugin running, LR was searching for the camera and the camera was bascially dead and with the "PcP' error on the top screen. In my case I had successfully used tethering a year or so earlier so I knew it should work - the only difference was a new laptop. I checked the firmware, PTP USB, windows 10 version, changed USB ports, tried every permutation of startup sequence - nothing worked. Solution: changed the USB cable and voila, tethering works like a charm (very useful for doing the AF fine adjustment on some lenses).
Sure, if you ever have anything to do with AV, you know that USB and HDMI cables can let you down, always have spares.

And of course, you hope it *is* the cable, that's easy, if it's the port ...

Last edited by clackers; 08-03-2020 at 06:31 PM.