Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-26-2016, 05:49 AM   #1

Second wave on the way?

I finally got notice of a shipment for next week from Amazon (ordered May 10). Unfortunately I'll be on a trip, but my daughter can sign for it and I'll have a nice treat upon returning. I imagine we'll be seeing plenty more K1 owners next week.

05-26-2016, 07:07 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I wish it were next week! B&H says July.
05-26-2016, 07:49 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

A post late yesterday said Adorama had 'limited stock'. But this morning it is back ordered again. I would not put much confidence in B&H saying July, basically they have no idea when they are going to get enough to cover their pre-orders so they pick a date out far enough to not make people mad. They could get stock in tomorrow. I suspect Ricoh is allocating production worldwide to keep something in the pipeline all over.
05-26-2016, 08:56 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
A post late yesterday said Adorama had 'limited stock'. But this morning it is back ordered again. I would not put much confidence in B&H saying July, basically they have no idea when they are going to get enough to cover their pre-orders so they pick a date out far enough to not make people mad. They could get stock in tomorrow. I suspect Ricoh is allocating production worldwide to keep something in the pipeline all over.
i think it is likely RIAC and B&H are in regular conversation about Ricoh's global production and allocation schedule to USA, and RIAC's planned allocation to B&H. I suspect B&H says July because they expect to fill new orders in July.

I also suspect that B&H received far more preorders than expected, and their planned allocation was heavily oversubscribed. To respond to the unbalanced preorder flow RIAC would have needed to dishonor commitments to a large number of other Dealers and send their allocated units to B&H.

Tough situation to manage.

[Edit:] on a later post B&H says they will have stock to fill all backorders 1st week of July.

Last edited by monochrome; 05-26-2016 at 11:59 AM.
05-26-2016, 09:13 AM   #5
Pentaxian

I suspect the initial estimations were done way before the camera's official announcement, when the preorders weren't yet made.
05-26-2016, 12:10 PM   #6

Just received notification from B&H that my K-1 has shipped - ordered April 22nd.
05-26-2016, 01:44 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I just received notice yesterday that Roberts Camera in Indiana has K1's in stock. I just ordered mine from them a few minutes ago.

I had previously placed an order with B&H, but obviously would prefer not to wait until July to get one from them, so I canceled my order with them.

05-26-2016, 01:55 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Some K-1s showed up in my local camera store yesterday.

Lee
05-26-2016, 03:08 PM   #9
Site Supporter

Yep, my order with Popflash shipped yesterday too (order placed last week). I'll spend the weekend pressing F5 on the FedEx tracking page...

05-26-2016, 07:30 PM   #10
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Sounds like a few did go out. I know that Adorama had a handful of units yesterday, but nothing major.

I bet they're still waiting for that next big shipment!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-26-2016, 07:44 PM   #11
mee
Veteran Member

B&H just said July 4th.. just in time to miss the.. July 4th holiday.

With all the dropped sales over at B&H, I wonder if they'll ultimately end up with a wealth of K-1s sitting around..