Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-27-2016, 12:04 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wikipedia Pentax Cameras page needs updating

Anyone want to go and update this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_cameras

Currently it says only this about the K-1:
"In early 2015, Ricoh announced development of a Pentax full-frame DSLR for release later in the year, and at the CP+ show in Yokohama Japan, a mockup was displayed that suggested the camera's potential specifications, including: an IR port for remote release, an anti-aliasing filter simulation mode, and an articulating rear LCD.[29]"

I think it deserves a little photo and some words about actual release

05-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Barker Quote
Anyone want to go and update this?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_cameras

Currently it says only this about the K-1:
"In early 2015, Ricoh announced development of a Pentax full-frame DSLR for release later in the year, and at the CP+ show in Yokohama Japan, a mockup was displayed that suggested the camera's potential specifications, including: an IR port for remote release, an anti-aliasing filter simulation mode, and an articulating rear LCD.[29]"

I think it deserves a little photo and some words about actual release
Adam would be a great candidate to fill in the blanks at Wikipedia !
05-27-2016, 12:26 PM   #3
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Adam would be a great candidate to fill in the blanks at Wikipedia !
Agree. At the very least it should be done by someone steeped in Pentax lore who actually owns the camera and/or has shot it extensively. Kenspo, perhaps?
05-27-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Michael Barker Quote
... some words about actual release
Hmm.. I think the community is undecided about the release Pentax installed. Some call it mushy, some liken it to a sniper's trigger, some failed to notice a difference. Might call for a stub :^|

05-27-2016, 04:11 PM   #5

Mission accomplished for wikipedia French. I created the article from scratch https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K-1 and linked the other languages to it, if some of the French contributors are interested in reviewing and going further with I would appreciate
05-27-2016, 07:05 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Mission accomplished for wikipedia French. I created the article from scratch https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pentax_K-1 and linked the other languages to it, if some of the French contributors are interested in reviewing and going further with I would appreciate
This is great (for those who own a K-1) and it shocked me to see a full and extremely well written article in French ... from Ireland !!
I have read the entire article and I have yet to find any grammar/spelling errors .... I'm very picky about that!
It is concise and up to date, a job well done.
So ... excellent installment of this Pentax K-1 presentation on Wiki.

Cheers!
05-28-2016, 02:55 AM   #7

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
This is great (for those who own a K-1) and it shocked me to see a full and extremely well written article in French ... from Ireland !!
I have read the entire article and I have yet to find any grammar/spelling errors .... I'm very picky about that!
It is concise and up to date, a job well done.
So ... excellent installment of this Pentax K-1 presentation on Wiki.

Cheers!
There are some French lost everywhere, even in Ireland Cheers !