Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-04-2016, 06:38 AM   #61
Veteran Member

Sticky around

"but the one thing that keeps tripping me up is that I keep accidentally bumping (and changing) the Drive Mode."

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
Set menu item C20 to #2. This defaults the d-pad to changing the focus point instead of the drive mode. To change the drive mode you will need to press the AF change button first.
Not just this helpful little ditty, but all of these cool workarounds (and the reasons for them) are crying out for a compiled sticky.

Last edited by solar1; 06-04-2016 at 06:44 AM.
06-04-2016, 07:00 AM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by seanix Quote
- No physical SR on/off button (I'm slowly getting used to this).
You can set either of the FX buttons to SR on/off. I use FX2 for this. You can also set one of the tiles under the INFO button to SR on/off. I have the bottom right tile set to it. Press INFO spin the e-dial to select on/off.
06-04-2016, 11:31 AM   #63
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by solar1 Quote
"but the one thing that keeps tripping me up is that I keep accidentally bumping (and changing) the Drive Mode."

Not just this helpful little ditty, but all of these cool workarounds (and the reasons for them) are crying out for a compiled sticky.
I think in cf 20, Option 1, the little button may act as a toggle so that the 4-way controller items remain available until the little button is pressed again to make AF point selection available... With Option 2, the 4-way controller switches immediately back to AF point select after changes have been made to drive mode (or whichever item on the 4-way controller) and OK is pressed.

I prefer the behavior of Option 2 but mention how Option 1 seems to work in case its function as a toggle was not apparent..

The menu item descriptions are too cryptic and only by trying both could I understand the meaning.. honestly, even after knowing what the options do... the description still makes no sense.
06-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Perhaps someone already mentioned that.
I love when screen flips back in place if I forget to do it. It has been a couple of times when I leave the screen out then carry the camera around on the neck, and hear "click": the screen goes back itself if my body pushes the screen.