Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2016, 11:45 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K-1 availability in Europe?

I ordered a K-1 last week and the dealer told me it'd be in stock within a week to 10 days. It's day 10 now, and they are saying that Pentax has yet to receive any. I assume they mean Pentax Europe?

Does anyone have any solid or confirmed information on when the next shipment of K-1s to Europe will be? Has anyone seen them come back into stock in Europe over the last few days at any shops?

I know this has been discussed before and there are multiple theories about why there is a backorder. Frankly it's good for Pentax (Ricoh) as it means they are moving. Bad for me, though, as I want mine! Any information would be appreicated. I'm not getting much from my dealer.

06-03-2016, 12:05 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sgtsween Quote
I ordered a K-1 last week and the dealer told me it'd be in stock within a week to 10 days. It's day 10 now, and they are saying that Pentax has yet to receive any. I assume they mean Pentax Europe?

Does anyone have any solid or confirmed information on when the next shipment of K-1s to Europe will be? Has anyone seen them come back into stock in Europe over the last few days at any shops?

I know this has been discussed before and there are multiple theories about why there is a backorder. Frankly it's good for Pentax (Ricoh) as it means they are moving. Bad for me, though, as I want mine! Any information would be appreicated. I'm not getting much from my dealer.
Demand has caused the initial shipment to sell out, the earthquakes have reduced the size of subsequent shipments.

SRS is shown the camera in stock if you want yours now:
Pentax K-1 Camera Body

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-03-2016, 12:16 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Demand has caused the initial shipment to sell out, the earthquakes have reduced the size of subsequent shipments.

SRS is shown the camera in stock if you want yours now:
Pentax K-1 Camera Body
I see, thanks. So they are still shipping, just reduced numbers? That makes me feel better. Thanks for the scoop on SRS. I already paid for it locally and it was a deal where I sold the shop my K-3. So I'm kind of tethered to this particular store for now.
06-03-2016, 01:11 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Sgtsween Quote
I see, thanks. So they are still shipping, just reduced numbers? That makes me feel better. Thanks for the scoop on SRS. I already paid for it locally and it was a deal where I sold the shop my K-3. So I'm kind of tethered to this particular store for now.
In the US at least, there has been a trickle since the original shipment, yes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers: