Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2016, 04:17 PM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Also the lx was in continuous production for a long long time.

06-06-2016, 05:18 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Do you know where I can download this picture of Pentax Line Up?

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Hmmm.
06-06-2016, 05:24 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by glee46 Quote
Google 'Pentax SLR Poster'. At one time you could buy a poster - maybe you still can.

I believe the original was produced by Pentax Germany. There are many sources on the web for downloads.

Last edited by monochrome; 06-06-2016 at 06:04 PM.
06-06-2016, 05:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, let someone with no knowledge of Pentax history ask a question:

When was the most recent full-frame Pentax prior to the K-1?

I ask, because I simply do not know. I came on board about 18 months ago and everything ever mentioned about full-frame has been in context of the K-1. Not knowing any better, the sentence in Shutterbug meant nothing special to me when I read the review.

Thanks in advance.

Don

06-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Aside from the odd statement about the LX, which I think people are focussing on to the exclusion of all else in the review, I read it earlier today, and thought it was very positive. Joe Farace has been writing for Shutterbug for a very long time, so I'd have thought he's have checked a bit more thoroughly before publishing an offhand remark, but still, saying the K-1 is worth changing systems over has to carry some weight.

@AggieDad - the *ist was the last 35mm Pentax film camera. Check monochrome's chart for the others after the LX. The *istD was the first Pentax DSLR, by the way, and shared a chassis and some controls with the *ist.

Last edited by RobA_Oz; 06-06-2016 at 05:50 PM.
06-06-2016, 06:03 PM   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rangercarp Quote
From the conclusion: "My philosophy in writing these reviews has always been that I don’t like to spend the reader’s money and usually point users of existing camera systems to stick to new cameras from that same manufacturer’s system. But the impressive Pentax K-1 has me changing my mind about that. If there were ever a traditional sized DSLR that could get me to dump my existing DSLR rig and change systems, the Pentax K-1 would be it."

High praise indeed!
X 2. A thorough, well done review, done by a respected reviewer in a highly regarded photography magazine. BTW, my view on the reviewer and Shutterbug magazine was this... before the K-1 test.
06-06-2016, 06:42 PM   #22
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote

I ask, because I simply do not know. I came on board about 18 months ago and everything ever mentioned about full-frame has been in context of the K-1. Not knowing any better, the sentence in Shutterbug meant nothing special to me when I read the review.

Thanks in advance.

Don
A *ist was the last film camera Pentax made. I happen to own one...

06-06-2016, 07:03 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
To hold one [MZ-S] is to understand, though to be honest, it is no Nikon F6, or even an F5 or EOS-1, then again, it is half the size

Steve
Yes. This. I've only had my MZ-S for a few months and, though I wasn't wild about it at first (for reasons that don't really matter) slowly it is becoming one my most favorite cameras, period.

Overall though, in regard to the Shutterbug review of the K-1... you'd have to say it was rather "glowing".
06-06-2016, 07:59 PM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by AggieDad Quote

2003 was when the *iST was introduced - I don't recall when it was no longer for sale.
Pentax *ist - Pentax Autofocus Film SLRs - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications

There is an entire set of full frame cameras between the LX and *iST - just look in the camera section of the website and look at the film cameras - particularly autofocus one's. My favorite of the lot is the PZ-1 for nostalgic reasons but also because it was a beast of a camera.