Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2016, 05:18 AM - 1 Like   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K1 with Sigma Primes Do Not disappoint.

Before taking that step up to the K1 (from K5II in my case) I spent lots of time searching for deals on recommended lenses priced for those not yet having turned a passion into earnings. As I near retirement I have been giving lots of thought to transitioning to hanging a shingle and offering services, but wasn't sure that rolling up to an event or a session without a Conikon toolbox in full frame was the way to go. The invenstment made over the years in Pentax and K Mount glass certainly kept the needle from moving too far in that direction, but the myth of a full frame Pentax dimmed even further by the Ricoh buyout had me eyeing the 810 and even the Sony products. After all the hoopla and wondering Ricoh delivered on their promise and the K1 arrived at a reasonable price point and has been accepted by Pentax enthusiasts and touted by critics around the globe. The fight is on.

I have old Pentax glass. After purchasing the K1 and not making money with my equipment (yet) I wanted to see what of my gear would work well with the camera. Find the gaps in lens coverage and see what I could do to fill them. I knew spending $3,000 to $5,000 for the new glass was out of the question so I began my search. My personal stash included a few Pentax FA (one of which is the SMC FA 50 mm 1:1.4) a Tokina and Sigma zooms and primes. My faves right now are the EX DG 28mm 1:1.8 and DG HSM Art 35mm 1:1.4 (just arrived). Since I've only had the K1 for a week and am just now beginning to get acquainted with its capabilities I will only include a couple of shots taken yesterday with the 28mm.

The K1 is an amazing step up. I've been shooting Pentax since the early 1970's and have never understood how one of the top camera makers could be so foolish as to let the industry pass them by and then accept their also ran status. I still have my 1968 Spotmatic sealed up and ready to go at a moments notice. I wonder how it would do with new glass...? Film is already bought and it will happen.

Can't teach an old dog new tricks? Well this old dog is excited to learn everything he can about the K1. Maybe when the time comes I can pop for the big money glass, but until then I will continue to shop! the deals.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
06-09-2016, 06:12 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice.
That 28mm performed great on my K5 and now on my K3II. It must have a very fun FOV on a FF camera.
06-09-2016, 07:13 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Could you post some pictures taken with Sigma 35mm art?
06-09-2016, 08:57 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Will do. Taking it out for a spin today.

---------- Post added 06-09-16 at 12:10 PM ----------

Top photo is NOT K1. Wrong image came up. It's macro zoom Sigma DG 70-300 mm on K5II. Sorry for error.

06-09-2016, 10:15 AM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

I reckon you could cellotape a broken milk bottle to the K-1 and it'd still shine.
06-09-2016, 10:53 PM   #6
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by micromacro Quote
Couple here to tide you over, Lana ...

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/190-pentax-k-1/314413-post-your-k-1-pictu...ml#post3665776