06-22-2016, 08:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I wish I have enough money to buy a K1, my photos will benefit a lot from it

06-22-2016, 08:44 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VoiceOfReason Quote
I'd stay. It was a simple mistake, just bookmark the K1 section.
So would I.

There's an influxx of new Pentax users at the moment because of the K-1, some of whom have very little respect for the older APS_c shooters in their posts. You got caught in a back lash. It's not about you. but there are a pile of K-1 shooters I really wish had their own site, forget about their own section of the forum. The simple fact is, probably not more than 5% of the site will ever be K-1 or FF shooters, all the lens reviews and ratings were done on APS-c cameras, how relevant they are to FF shooter is anyone's guess.

When the D800 came out there was a new forum for Nikon shooters. Maybe there really does need to be one of K-1 shooters. It will do two things for them. A direct line to their peers, and APS-c shooters here won't have to endure the condescending B.S. So really it's not such a bad idea.

The only thing is, there will be so few of you over there, the site would probably do a face plant.

But if someone wants to set one up, I'll recommend you to everyone interested in a K-1.

As said, this is like the nonsense we put up with when the D800 came out.

We have people who can't understand why people would shoot APS-c given a choice. That right there puts them at odds with 99% of the forum.
We have people who think "I bought a K-1 , now I should tell everyone else they should too."
What's right for you may not be right for everyone else.

If you can't live and let live then you belong some where else.

And if I have one more person tell me all my objections to a K-1 would be solved if I just bought one...
They'll go on my ignore list real quick.

As it is I might take a year or two off until this all blows over.

A K-1 forum is a great idea. At least until they do their face plant and come crawling back.
Hopeful those who understand both systems will hang around and be the productive members they've always been.

SO, I've done a 360, start a K-1 forum... please.

Last edited by normhead; 06-22-2016 at 08:51 AM.
06-22-2016, 09:06 AM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The K-01 and Q users asked for their own Forums to escape the rampant criticism of our cameras. As a side benefit, once in the ghetto, everyone could Ignore ALL the K-01 and Q users posts by blocking those entire sub-Forums. Looks like K-1 users are being forced into their own ghetto the same way.

It is quite easy to Ignore the entire K-1 Forum. It is a simple setting in User Control Panel >> Edit Options >> Miscellaneous Option at the bottom.

Then the exuberant K-1 posts won't trouble your enjoyment of your crop format Forum.
06-22-2016, 09:36 AM - 1 Like   #19
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
So would I.

There's an influxx of new Pentax users at the moment because of the K-1, some of whom have very little respect for the older APS_c shooters in their posts. You got caught in a back lash. It's not about you. but there are a pile of K-1 shooters I really wish had their own site, forget about their own section of the forum. The simple fact is, probably not more than 5% of the site will ever be K-1 or FF shooters, all the lens reviews and ratings were done on APS-c cameras, how relevant they are to FF shooter is anyone's guess.

When the D800 came out there was a new forum for Nikon shooters. Maybe there really does need to be one of K-1 shooters. It will do two things for them. A direct line to their peers, and APS-c shooters here won't have to endure the condescending B.S. So really it's not such a bad idea.

The only thing is, there will be so few of you over there, the site would probably do a face plant.

But if someone wants to set one up, I'll recommend you to everyone interested in a K-1.

As said, this is like the nonsense we put up with when the D800 came out.

We have people who can't understand why people would shoot APS-c given a choice. That right there puts them at odds with 99% of the forum.
We have people who think "I bought a K-1 , now I should tell everyone else they should too."
What's right for you may not be right for everyone else.

If you can't live and let live then you belong some where else.

And if I have one more person tell me all my objections to a K-1 would be solved if I just bought one...
They'll go on my ignore list real quick.

As it is I might take a year or two off until this all blows over.

A K-1 forum is a great idea. At least until they do their face plant and come crawling back.
Hopeful those who understand both systems will hang around and be the productive members they've always been.

SO, I've done a 360, start a K-1 forum... please.
I am sorry but I have to respond and I hope you have not put me in your ignore list yet...

Suddenly the K-1 was a reality and those who felt they wanted to buy a K-1 has done so, and will do. I wanted to buy one to try FF, to see what all the fuzz has been about. I shot APS-C and medium format before and have seen the difference in shooting style between these two. Most of those that bought a K-1 have found it to be a really nice camera and they of course wan't to share their experience sometimes with alot of excitement. They do so in the K-1 section of the forum. Of course there will be a comparison between the K-1 and the older models. What has been improved, what has not. Some part spill over to the other parts of the forum in different groups. I guess you, in one of your thoughts above, are refering to the thread started by Ed and where I wrote a comment that contained the subtext that he often in the past has changed direction after having been very descided against whatever was on the table at that moment. You obviously did not read in to that. I should have been more clear. That comment had nothing to do with the DOF difference. There has been other threads where he and others have been defending the APS-C with claws. A reaction as strong as the action. Like if some has to prove that the K-3 is a as good camera as the K-1 and vice versa . For me and for my kind of photography the K-1 has been a great addition to my toolbox. So much that the K-3 probably will get very little use in the future. I have shot them side by side to determine which one is better in different scenarios. I am still figuring that out. In the Camera Store video there is a disclamer in the beginning that I find to be somewhat true, Pentaxians are a very defensive bunch, I know I am. You and I have had our dealings in the past and I often get annoyed by your very direct comments and sometimes I just have respond in kind. You are one stubborn individual, so am I. I am not the kind of person that thinks someone is lesser if he or she does not have fancy things. I tend to judge people on their behavior towards others. "The way you talk to your best friend may not be the best way to talk to a stranger" someone told me once. Sometimes that is forgotten when you are online, reading on a screen.

I do not think that a separate forum sounds like any fun .

BR

Last edited by BigMackCam; 06-22-2016 at 10:05 AM. Reason: Removed vulgarity
06-22-2016, 09:50 AM - 1 Like   #20
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

The OP's original post was perfectly reasonable, and some of us seem to have jumped on him unnecessarily. Let's be nice, eh folks?

@zmohie - I'd say, "stick around". Things get a little spikey occasionally, but no-one means any harm

Thread closed.
Closed Thread