Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-01-2016, 02:21 AM   #1
Forum Member

"One press solution" for histogram in playback mode?

Has anybody found a solution to switch on and off the histogram in playback mode? I mean like switching between histogram and no information on the display for the last image taken. The buttons fx1 / fx2 donīt seem to offer a solution.

I can set it so, that the histogram is displayed regularly. Now, I like to switch between histogram and the no information, so that I have a better overview of my image. In order to do so, I have to enter the menu "Standard Information Display" and select the type of information to be displayed during playback mode. Itīs kind of annoying to go through the whole process everytime I want to switch the histogram on or off.

The K-3 had the same issue. I was confident that there had been an improvement in the K-1 regarding this.
Am I missing something? Or is there no function like this?

Any help is much appreciated!

07-01-2016, 02:27 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ukhozi Quote
The K-3 had the same issue. I was confident that there had been an improvement in the K-1 regarding this.
This "issue" actually seems to be 100% intentional, as the overlay menu was added in the K-50 which did away with info button spamming to cycle through the screens.

While it slows down power users, it does make the info button more intuitive I guess.

To answer your question, there's no way to speed things up.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-01-2016, 02:31 AM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
This "issue" actually seems to be 100% intentional, as the overlay menu was added in the K-50 which did away with info button spamming to cycle through the screens.

While it slows down power users, it does make the info button more intuitive I guess.

To answer your question, there's no way to speed things up.
Ahh, thanks!
So I can stop searching the operating manual.
07-01-2016, 11:04 AM   #4
Veteran Member

K-1 settings and operations for 1-click histogram in playback mode.

Setup your K-1 like this:

Menu: Camera 5, Instant Review, Display time= Hold. Histogram Display= Off (Choose Highlight Alert off or on as you like.)

Take a photo.

Press the Blue Arrow for playback mode, press Info, choose the histogram type (normal/ RGB), you can always change the histogram type in playback mode with the up/ down arrows. Confirm with OK.

Setup complete!

Take a new photo, check the composition while in the Hold mode, if you have enabled Highlight Alert, you can see red areas blinking for overexposed areas.

Press the Blue arrow for playback mode (this is the 1-press!), now you will see the latest used histogram, change the type with up and down buttons if you want. Press the shutter button lightly to exit the playback mode and get ready to shoot again.

Last edited by zantaphia; 07-01-2016 at 12:48 PM.
07-02-2016, 01:26 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks a lot zantaphia
Works fine. very useful workaround!
07-02-2016, 03:55 AM   #6

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zantaphia Quote
Setup your K-1 like this:

Menu: Camera 5, Instant Review, Display time= Hold. Histogram Display= Off (Choose Highlight Alert off or on as you like.)

Take a photo.

Press the Blue Arrow for playback mode, press Info, choose the histogram type (normal/ RGB), you can always change the histogram type in playback mode with the up/ down arrows. Confirm with OK.

Setup complete!

Take a new photo, check the composition while in the Hold mode, if you have enabled Highlight Alert, you can see red areas blinking for overexposed areas.

Press the Blue arrow for playback mode (this is the 1-press!), now you will see the latest used histogram, change the type with up and down buttons if you want. Press the shutter button lightly to exit the playback mode and get ready to shoot again.
Learned something today. Thanks!
07-02-2016, 09:17 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Thanks aseno and ukhozi! :-) I am happy to contribute to the Pentaxians!

PS. This works the same on K-3 also, but the settings are found on Menu: Camera 4.