Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-09-2016, 04:25 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I went out to shoot the moon and Jupiter and when I was changing position my tripod fell over and broke my K-1 that I just got.
I guess I'll get to try my luck with Precision. Man, I'm bummed. I guess it was bound to happen one day but I just wish it was with an old camera!

Yeow.....what a bummer. looks like the cover might be easily replaceable though. BTW, what tripod were you using? Good luck with the repair.

07-09-2016, 05:29 AM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
So sorry to hear. That is a painful feeling. Let us know how the repair experience turns out.
07-09-2016, 06:41 AM   #18
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Ugh, indeed! I feel with you, Matt. Best of luck with the repair.
07-09-2016, 07:40 AM   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry for your camera, what tripod you use for your K-1 when that happen?

07-09-2016, 07:53 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That's terrible Matt. I hope the repair is cheap and quick.

Good luck!
07-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mixberry Quote
Sorry for your camera, what tripod you use for your K-1 when that happen?
It's a Manfrotto 190cx3 which is a nice solid one and it is not to blame. I didn't tighten down the ball head and the camera flopped down which shifted weight and on the uneven ground that was enough and I was looking away and didn't see until it was too late.
07-09-2016, 08:32 AM   #22
Veteran Member

Why you don't email regular customer service at info@precisioncamera.com and get started form there.
email address taken from their webpage (all the way at the bottom).

Here in Canada we deal with Ricoh straight and fortunately I didn't had any needs for it up to now. Hope stays like that.

Alternatively you can use their contact form here:

http://www.precisioncamera.com/contact-us.html

07-09-2016, 10:09 AM   #23
Veteran Member

This just Plain Sucks ! Man.....I feel Your Pain....... Hope it goes quickly and smoothly with Precision.
The exact reason I got a Drops and Spills Accidental Damage Policy..........
07-09-2016, 10:29 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Check with your insurance agent to see if your homeowner's policy might cover at least part of it.
07-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I didn't tighten down the ball head and the camera flopped down which shifted weight and on the uneven ground that was enough
Handy to know. Noted for future reference.
Must use my heavy old 1980's non-ball head Velbon when outdoors with the K-1.
07-10-2016, 09:48 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

y e - o u c h !!! that's a hard blow in multiple ways. hope it works out the best it possibly can!
07-11-2016, 06:27 AM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RAART Quote
Here in Canada we deal with Ricoh straight and fortunately I didn't had any needs for it up to now. Hope stays like that.

[/url][/B]
The Ricoh Imaging Camera website implies that you're dealing with Ricoh, which is headquartered in Mississauga, but the address and telephone number belong to the totally independent Sun Camera Service in Vaughan, which is the repair business authorized by Ricoh to do warranty repair. See the matching contact info on Sun's website: Sun Camera Service - Your Complete Photo, Video, and Digital Camera Repair Center
07-11-2016, 06:47 AM   #28
Pentaxian

Tough luck for sure. We've had cameras fall over doing similar kinds of things, but, the only one broken was a K-x, which was cheaper to replace second hand than repair. Our k-5s and my K-3 have survived numerous incidents (two of which led to a damaged lens but not a camera body).. I think you had some bad luck there.
07-11-2016, 07:13 AM   #29
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
Ouch...Yeah if you used the right credit card you should have 3+ months where it can get broken/stolen/lost etc and they will refund the purchase price.
My Father had an issue once and did a claim through his credit card. It was a REAL PITA. They will do everything in their power not to pay, and they hope that all the hoops they make you jump through, that you'll just give up and not do the claim. Not sure if it's just his experience, but don't be surprised if it's not as easy as people hope it is.
07-11-2016, 07:16 AM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
I didn't use a credit card and just got a reply that included this info:

QuoteQuote:
The $306.50 for your Pentax K-1 is a base rate given by the manufacturer that includes parts, labor and return shipping. The cost may increase if we need to order an excessive amount of parts, but you will be contacted for your approval first.
For that amount I don't want to make an insurance claim and I'll just eat it and hope they don't need "excessive amount of parts".
I'm sending it today.