Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
07-12-2016, 08:06 AM   #31
Site Supporter

$300 bucks isn't too bad considering, hopefully they can get it fixed for you soon.

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
My Father had an issue once and did a claim through his credit card. It was a REAL PITA. They will do everything in their power not to pay, and they hope that all the hoops they make you jump through, that you'll just give up and not do the claim. Not sure if it's just his experience, but don't be surprised if it's not as easy as people hope it is.
It was pretty easy for me, so far I had a DA15 that I fell off a bike with, a stolen compact and a broken cellphone refunded fully. Just had to provide details and a photo or police report. But depends on your card etc.

07-12-2016, 09:18 AM   #32
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sorry about your mishap Matt, and of course it would have to be with your new K-1. Hope you get it back soon and as good as new.
07-12-2016, 07:54 PM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I went out to shoot the moon and Jupiter and when I was changing position my tripod fell over and broke my K-1 that I just got.
I guess I'll get to try my luck with Precision. Man, I'm bummed. I guess it was bound to happen one day but I just wish it was with an old camera!
Yikes! Just linked to here from the K-1 thread...total bummer. Here's to hoping for a speedy recovery!
07-13-2016, 12:54 AM   #34
Pentaxian

So I went to Ricoh's site which pointed me to Precision. They had a model selector but no K-1 listed so when I click the "Not listed" option it goes to the contact info page. But the "Click Here to email us" link is broken which isn't encouraging.
Anyone got Precision's email address?
I ran into this and other problems on the Precision website when I was preparing to send them my DA16-85 (which is still not listed). Had to call them.

07-13-2016, 02:04 AM   #35
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Good luck on the Repair. Maybe you loose the GPS when it's to expensive.
07-17-2016, 04:30 PM   #36

Matt, I'm really sorry to read of your misfortune with the K-1. Hopefully that predicted repair cost ceiling will not be penetrated.
07-27-2016, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
It looks like it's going to be $333 and they had to order a part that isn't expected until the 10th. Sigh...

07-27-2016, 03:34 PM   #38
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It looks like it's going to be $333 and they had to order a part that isn't expected until the 10th. Sigh...
Chin up Matt, the money sucks but 10th is less than two weeks away and with luck it will be turned around quickly after that.
07-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #39
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
Chin up Matt, the money sucks but 10th is less than two weeks away and with luck it will be turned around quickly after that.
Yes, I don't mean to sound like I'm whining about it. I do wish I'd have it for a wedding I'm shooting on the 6th but I've got other cameras to use so it will be ok.
Not a big deal in the big picture and even the money is tolerable as I've recently had a good run of sales. Just sharing my experience. My only complaint is that I think Precision should stock parts for popular cameras. Maybe the K-1 is too new but I was a little surprised they didn't have what they needed which is just the broken top of the housing you see in my photo. Oh, well.

It's all very much a first world problem!
07-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #40
Veteran Member

I do wish I'd have it for a wedding I'm shooting on the 6th but I've got other cameras to use so it will be ok.
Gotta get a second one as a backup body!
07-27-2016, 06:31 PM   #41
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I don't mean to sound like I'm whining about it
I didn't think that Matt, if anything I empathise with your plight as mine has to be returned to address a mirror fault that is intermittent. Who knows how long it will be gone for.

Tas
07-27-2016, 09:36 PM   #42
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tas Quote
I didn't think that Matt, if anything I empathise with your plight as mine has to be returned to address a mirror fault that is intermittent. Who knows how long it will be gone for.

Tas
Ah, well I feel your pain! I hope it goes smoothly.
07-28-2016, 05:04 AM   #43
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I just saw this post as well - oh man - I was wondering where your K1 pictures went to! I hope it works out with Precision.
08-09-2016, 08:17 AM   #44
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Got a call from Precision yesterday. I was hopeful it was just to let me know it was ahead of schedule but instead to tell me the part is delayed and won't be there tomorrow like they had originally estimated. They hope it will come in the next week to 10 days.
08-09-2016, 08:26 AM   #45
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Got a call from Precision yesterday. I was hopeful it was just to let me know it was ahead of schedule but instead to tell me the part is delayed and won't be there tomorrow like they had originally estimated. They hope it will come in the next week to 10 days.
At least they called, which to me is notable. Hope things proceed smoothly once they get the part and finish repairs. Meanwhile, looks like you're getting some nice shots with your backup cams.