Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 16 Likes Search this Thread
07-22-2016, 06:35 AM   #31
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
It is the same as it was with APS-C. Only the field of view has changed.
If you want to compare an apple to an orange, if you really want to say "The sun and the moon are the same size" (even though they only have approximately the same apparent size when viewed from earth) then be my guest.

I prefer to compare apples to apples and oranges to oranges. You cannot sensibly compare images with a different field of view. Once you create a proper basis for comparison (same distance, same field of view) then my statement becomes clear.

Please refrain from further commenting on this topic, it would just derail the thread. Please create your own thread, if you feel the need to correct someone else's "mistakes".

07-23-2016, 12:13 PM - 1 Like   #32

I've upgraded from a K5. The K1 is not as big and heavy as I anticipated. I have to look carefully to see which camera I'm taking out the bag. As mentioned by others, I invariably switch on live view to review my photos.

With the K5's poor focus, I used the back focus button. I find my thumb cannot easily operate the back focus while my finger is on the shutter, so I have given up back focus. The auto-focus of the K1 is much better.

The shutter sound is magical.
07-23-2016, 07:07 PM - 3 Likes   #33
Forum Member

I moved from the film Pentax Me Super to the digital full frame K-1. It's a dream come true. I have the hdfa 28 to 70 zoom and the fa*200. It produces some of the sharpest images I have ever seen. I have had my work printed up to 24x36 with out any issue. My portraits at 16 x 20 look flawless.
07-23-2016, 08:59 PM - 1 Like   #34
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MikePlunkett Quote
Yes, ok, I was exaggerating and yes I'm sure it will be something I get used to. I just miss being able to go 'click' on the K-5! It's a very minor thing but I can't really see the rationale behind doing it.
I transitioned from the K-5 too.

As bdery said, the new switchery facilitates saving AF mode to a User setting, but for my part, I always had trouble switching from MF to the proper AF mode on the K-5 without looking, so I find the change welcome from that simple standpoint. Two positions; MF and AF--no third position to confuse things.