Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
07-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #16
Tas
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ajack Quote
I have a habit of reformatting my SD card every time I am done uploading pictures.

Is there a quicker way to do it on the K-1 other than diving through the menus? By my count it is 12 button presses to reformat. I was hoping there was a way to assign one of the user-settable buttons to bring up the Format menu but it doesn't seem like that is an option.

Any other tips for speeding up this process?
Instead of just pushing buttons, press menu once, rotate the rear scroll wheel to the left until you get to the correct 'spanner' menu. This will get you to the format option quicker than the button pressing appproach.

07-20-2016, 04:56 PM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks to everyone for their thoughts. The "Save Menu Location" option (C23 on the K-1) dramatically shortens this procedure to 5 presses and that seems like a good enough solution for me.

(For the record I was not advocating for a single button press to delete everything. In an ideal world I would like to set one of the Fx buttons to bring up the "Format" menu... it would still be 4 button presses once you include all the selections and confirmations.)