Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-02-2016, 03:57 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Bet you didn't know this would work

So remember Olympus' E-volt four thirds cameras and lenses? Well I once used the 40-150mm on a K-01 and noticed there was no vignetting at all. Even though it should be a 2x crop it completely covered the APS-C frame. Well I now tried it on the K-1 and does better than you might think. On top of that I reversed the lens and it covers the entire full frame! I'll post pics below. The first ones with more heavy vignetting is at 40mm. Then 150mm gives less vignetting and finally the reverse macro full frame shots.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1  Photo 
08-02-2016, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wild. Is aperture wide open on that lens? I assume it has a focusing ring? Many electronic lenses focus by wire only these days.

Did you make your own adapter?
08-02-2016, 04:11 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Adapting and focusing would definitely be hurdles with this combo. If you've beaten those issues, I have 11-22 and 35/macro Zuikos for your consideration!
08-02-2016, 04:17 PM   #4
Imp
Pentaxian

Some panasonic lenses or m43 lenses are actually APS-H. Perhaps this is one of them?

08-02-2016, 04:50 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Some panasonic lenses or m43 lenses are actually APS-H. Perhaps this is one of them?
These are four thirds lenses, not micro four thirds. Four thirds was abandoned when Olympus went mirrorless.
08-02-2016, 05:07 PM   #6
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
These are four thirds lenses, not micro four thirds. Four thirds was abandoned when Olympus went mirrorless.
Ah, never mind! The lens I had glanced at was ASPH, not APSH...

The Panasonic 25 1.7
08-02-2016, 05:14 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
Ah, never mind! The lens I had glanced at was ASPH, not APSH...

The Panasonic 25 1.7
That would sure be cool if you could convert it.

08-02-2016, 08:22 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Wild. Is aperture wide open on that lens? I assume it has a focusing ring? Many electronic lenses focus by wire only these days.

Did you make your own adapter?
Yes the aperture is wide open. There is a focus ring but its by wire. You can however still move the front element (not sure if this is good for the lens though). The lens focuses at fixed spots at certain focal lengths. No adapter used. The Olympus lens will actually fit in the k-mount at a certain angle. At which I just hold the lens in place. For the reverse I'm sure there's special reverse adapters. But I was just holding it up to the mount

---------- Post added 08-02-16 at 07:24 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by jimr-pdx Quote
Adapting and focusing would definitely be hurdles with this combo. If you've beaten those issues, I have 11-22 and 35/macro Zuikos for your consideration!
I doubt the 11-22 would be useful if it works the same way as this lens. The macro I'm certain would be useful though.

---------- Post added 08-02-16 at 07:24 PM ----------

honestly I really love the color and sharpness of these e-volt lenses. I swear this zoom lens is as sharp as primes