Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 15 Likes Search this Thread
08-07-2016, 11:13 PM - 4 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
My K1 works fine

I read all sorts of problems with the K1. Beside some of the things such as layout of hardware user interface which I got used to, I really have nothing that I can work around to complain about. The K1 focuses quickly, and the sensor deliver great images. I just have to go out and take pictures, everything works, except sometimes my errors (shutter speed to slow or things like that). Just wondering if that's normal or if I should look for hidden troubles that I could complain about? Everything works fine = no drama = boring. No discussions about APSC vs FF since I can select both with the same camera. What should I do now?

08-07-2016, 11:16 PM   #2

Find a new hobby......

But to be serious. I haven't found any problems with my K-1 either.
08-07-2016, 11:26 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

Its strange isnt it,a new camera and apart from some minor hiccups,the owners love it.But some non owners want to complain!
08-08-2016, 12:04 AM   #4
Forum Member

I can only second that!

There is only one thing limiting the use of my K-1, and that is myself!
It takes a while to master such "problems" as narrow depth of field or the wider view of the fullframe. I am rewarded with reliable quick autofocus, lots of detail and dynamic range, great ISO performance, pixelshif and what not else...

Technically - nothing to complain about so far.

08-08-2016, 12:16 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I received mine in the first batch that B&H shipped out and the only problem I had was user error. I was so excited to try it out on my DA 560 I forgot to set it for full frame so my first shots with it were in crop mode, but they still looked pretty good.

I have no regrets in buying it, I just hope one day I'll be good enough to get the full potential out of it.
08-08-2016, 12:23 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
I read all sorts of problems with the K1. Beside some of the things such as layout of hardware user interface which I got used to, I really have nothing that I can work around to complain about. The K1 focuses quickly, and the sensor deliver great images. I just have to go out and take pictures, everything works, except sometimes my errors (shutter speed to slow or things like that). Just wondering if that's normal or if I should look for hidden troubles that I could complain about? Everything works fine = no drama = boring. No discussions about APSC vs FF since I can select both with the same camera. What should I do now?
Obviously you are not pushing it hard enough.
Try a 30 minutes exposure without dark frame subtraction and let see the how that turns out. Shouldn’t be a problem, and I hope it isn’t.
08-08-2016, 12:39 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Good thread.
Mine's a ripper too

08-08-2016, 12:48 AM - 1 Like   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Buy more lenses

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
08-08-2016, 12:54 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by KiloHotelphoto Quote
my first shots with it were in crop mode, but they still looked pretty good.

Crop mode is excellent, just ask Rupert!
08-08-2016, 01:03 AM   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If it aint broke, you answered your own question. Go out and take photos!

And we all have our share of dud and doh! shots.
08-08-2016, 01:15 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Mine is a superb camera!!!!!!!!

Any errors are mine, and now I am adapting to the narrow DoF and the wider FoV, those errors are becoming fewer. I am doing a photography course at the moment and my images are most definitely more than holding their own in a roomful of Cannikons...the DR is great as is the overall image quality.

No complaints here. Love the layout and it is a delightful camera to own and use....makes me smile.
08-08-2016, 01:23 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Haven't found any problems with mine.
08-08-2016, 01:29 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

Wish for K1 even with problems such as inability to focus on drongo's on bicycles or the limited lens line up, everything like that would burden me for sure.
08-08-2016, 01:32 AM - 1 Like   #14
Veteran Member

Mine was a bit of a complainer until I bought it some more lenses.....
08-08-2016, 02:02 AM   #15
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
shutter speed to slow
and that's my problem with my k-1. the shake reduction is so impressive that i cant find a rule for lowest shutter speed