Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
08-11-2016, 09:05 AM   #31

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Yes, it is most likely that the K-1 shares the same Sony sensor with these cameras (and not the one from the D810, as people often write).

However, even though the sensor could be the same, the CFA (colour-filter-array) need not be the same. The colour profile mostly depends on the characteristics of the colour filters used in the CFA (that forms the Bayer pattern). I don't think there is any substitute for using the K-1 itself to create a profile for it.

I plan looking into that, as soon as I find some time.
yes your right about the CFA

i had abit of time this afternoon and gave this ago

Creating Camera Profiles for Capture One -

as i have the xrite color card and the iprofile software for calibrating my screen ......however i failed right at the end as you need the full blow ipublish software to access the scanner module and save out the icc ......so close but yet so far

08-12-2016, 04:49 AM   #32
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gnugent Quote
...so close but yet so far
Have a look at this guide for profiling input devices (including cameras) for the free Argyll tool.
08-12-2016, 06:04 AM   #33

Original Poster
Yes i,m just trying to work thru this and see if i can do it

i did have success with bring a linear image into davinci resolve and using the colorchecker in that software to create a LUT from that, hoping to create and ICC in a program we use called lattice which converts LUT between colour spaces ( is also saves out icc files)......however it looks like capture one still uses Version 2 icc profiles and Lattice only kick out version 4

However i do now have a Pentax K1 Lut to use in Davinci resolve ..but i need to do more work with it
08-12-2016, 08:27 AM - 1 Like   #34
Pentaxian

How to "install" the Fuji profiles in C1

Here's what one needs to do in order to get the Fuji profiles as a choice for the K-1 in C1:

Copy the files into

C:\Program Files\Capture One 9\Color Profiles\DSLR\

(you may have to adapt the path if you did not use the standard installation location)

and rename the "FujiPro2" part to "PentaxK1" to yield, for instance "PentaxK1-PROVIA_SRGB.icc".

You'll then find "PROVIA_SRGB" as profile choice for the K-1 in C1.

BTW, I find that "Film Standard Extra Shadow" works best as a "Curve" choice with the Provia profile.

08-12-2016, 02:43 PM   #35

Original Poster
Here's what one needs to do in order to get the Fuji profiles as a choice for the K-1 in C1:

Copy the files into

C:\Program Files\Capture One 9\Color Profiles\DSLR\

(you may have to adapt the path if you did not use the standard installation location)

and rename the "FujiPro2" part to "PentaxK1" to yield, for instance "PentaxK1-PROVIA_SRGB.icc".

You'll then find "PROVIA_SRGB" as profile choice for the K-1 in C1.

BTW, I find that "Film Standard Extra Shadow" works best as a "Curve" choice with the Provia profile.
Thats good stuff i,m on a mac so had no idea how to do the PC version

for the mac do the name change to the ICC profiles as above and then you need to

click "go" on finder menu bar at the top ,then hold down ALT key a folder call library will appear in the menu

go in there and drop them in

library/colorsync/profiles

then reboot the machine and they will appear in the profile for k1 after the reboot ....if you put them in this folder you get the roll over preview and all they won,t vanish when you do an up date to C1

will be interested to see how other fair with these ..i,m going to try and get my luts converted into ICC ..if it works out i will post them
08-30-2016, 07:31 AM   #36

Those profiles seems got update. I'll give it a try on my K3

QuoteOriginally posted by gnugent Quote
and then i found it...... some utter genius has managed to reverse engineer the colour profile for the fuji film simulations including ARCO from the xpro2 so you can use them in capture one on your raws

the profiles can be download here ( these are the best versions pulled from the xpro2) if you scroll down the arco one is there as well

X-PRO2 OOC color emulation for CAPTURE ONE: Fujifilm X System / SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review