Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
01-19-2017, 07:29 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by fwbigd Quote
Had the pleasure of working with a beautiful young lady last week, so I decided to try out some shots using HSS with the K-1+Cactus V6ii and the Godox 360.
Hi, bringing this thread back up to check in with how the Godox 360 has been working out for Pentax users. I recently bought the original non-TTL version. I have no Transmitters or receivers yet. I am thinking that the best thing for me to do is to get the Godox XT16R receiver and the X1 transmitter. Not sure if it matters to get the Nikon or Canon version. Then, in order to do HSS, I would get a V6ii, and stack the X1 on top. Does that make the most sense?

01-19-2017, 09:55 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jake14mw Quote
Then, in order to do HSS, I would get a V6ii, and stack the X1 on top. Does that make the most sense?
I recommend that you make sure that an X1 trigger will work on top of a V6II.

I know that people were successful with a Godox XT16 on top of the V6II but I'm pretty sure I have also seen reports about trouble with a Godox XT32 or similar. I don't know whether there are any success/failure reports for the X1.

It would be useful to maintain a compatibility list thread, adding actual success/failure reports as they become available.
01-20-2017, 01:33 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I'm pretty sure that you'll have to manually engage HSS on the AD360. I understand there is some button combination to do that.
Hey Class A, unrelated question but I thought you could answer. I just picked up a couple of RF60X flashes (to complement my two V6 transmitters). There's not any way to trigger HSS with just the Cactus flashes and the V6 trigger, is there? I assume I'd still need a V6ii trigger. My 360FGZII also supports HSS, but new triggers just aren't in the budget right now.
01-20-2017, 08:42 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
There's not any way to trigger HSS with just the Cactus flashes and the V6 trigger, is there?
If you are happy to organise a camera trigger cable, you may try the starter pistol method.

There are other solutions that only require at most one V6 trigger, but they depend on the availability of a P-TTL HSS capable flash.

03-10-2017, 08:55 AM   #20

I just brought 2 Flashpoint Streaklight 360II (Manual Version) and reached out to Godox about the XT32G trigger (which is supports Pentax). I was told that the single pin XT32G doesn't support HSS (though all the information on their site leads you to believe that it does), I was also told that they are working on Pentax TTL (X1 variant) as well as the Manual XT32 which will support HSS. I personally like the XT32 just because it is easier to manipulate than the X1. Until the X32 for Pentax comes out I'm planning on using the Cactus and the XT32G for HSS.