Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-23-2016, 06:32 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Flickr figures

I like to join Pentax Flickr groups as a sort of low-key product promotion - in your face type of equipment stuff attached to pictures I take - I wouldn't do that if I was a Canikony user, I just feel that Pentax need/deserve all the attention they can get.

Anyway - of the Pentax camera model groups in which I post pictures, the largest K-3 group ( !!Pentax K-3!!) has 1,439 members and the highest K-1 group (Pentax K1 photos)has 768 members. I'd say that was pretty encouraging after +/- 6 months for a more expensive new format body

10-23-2016, 01:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Flickr still, unfortunately, has horribly messy data for any Pentax camera. Their stats, specifically in the flickr Camera Finder page, started to get confused after Ricoh took over Pentax, and have stayed that way ever since.

For example they show the K-3 II under Ricoh,
Flickr: Camera Finder: Ricoh: IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. Pentax K-3 II

but the K-3 is under Pentax:
Flickr: Camera Finder: Pentax: K-3

and while the K-3 stats summary initially shows '# of items - 0' for the K-3, when you look at the actual K-3 camera page you see lots of K-3 images and "2,634 uploads from 162 users yesterday"

Plus the flickr Camera Finder page still doesn't show the K-1 anywhere, for example, either under Pentax or Ricoh. Nor the 645Z or 645D, for that matter.

The Camera Finder page and flickr's EXIF parsing code clearly needs some work.

Last edited by rawr; 10-23-2016 at 01:55 PM.
10-23-2016, 02:59 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michaelina2 Quote
Care to share a link to your Flickr "Photostream"?
sure

Graham Hobbs | Flickr
10-23-2016, 11:49 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
Heh, already following you!
small world ;D - much obliged!

---------- Post added 10-23-16 at 11:51 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Flickr still, unfortunately, has horribly messy data for any Pentax camera. Their stats, specifically in the flickr Camera Finder page, started to get confused after Ricoh took over Pentax, and have stayed that way ever since.

For example they show the K-3 II under Ricoh,
Flickr: Camera Finder: Ricoh: IMAGING COMPANY, LTD. Pentax K-3 II

but the K-3 is under Pentax:
Flickr: Camera Finder: Pentax: K-3

and while the K-3 stats summary initially shows '# of items - 0' for the K-3, when you look at the actual K-3 camera page you see lots of K-3 images and "2,634 uploads from 162 users yesterday"

Plus the flickr Camera Finder page still doesn't show the K-1 anywhere, for example, either under Pentax or Ricoh. Nor the 645Z or 645D, for that matter.

The Camera Finder page and flickr's EXIF parsing code clearly needs some work.
yuh - it's a total mess - I agree - seems to have largely happened since Ricoh came in and never been sorted out.