Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2016, 06:05 AM   #1

Use of M lenses on K1 issue

When I use my old 80-200 Pentax M on my new K1 the shutter does not want release (and the in focus hexagon sign does not light up). With my K3 do have the in focus sign and the shutter does release. I suppose I have to change something in the menu settings...

10-29-2016, 08:20 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Menu C4 setting 26 must be set to 2
10-29-2016, 08:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

a) Enable aperture ring use (usually near the end of the Menu)
b) Make sure you do not have Focus priority enabled (should be set to Shutter priority, if I remember right), and Catch in Focus disabled. This can prevent you from taking photos with manual lenses if the centre AF point has not confirmed focus

And of course make sure the lens mount is clean and free of damage, that the lens is mounted properly and correctly.
10-29-2016, 12:09 PM   #4
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Na Horuk Quote
b) Make sure you do not have Focus priority enabled (should be set to Shutter priority, if I remember right), and Catch in Focus disabled. This can prevent you from taking photos with manual lenses if the centre AF point has not confirmed focus
There is no need to change the AF settings. Simply switch AF off. Focus confirm will remain active. The only menu setting that needs to be changed is to enable the aperture ring.

Steve

11-05-2016, 07:07 AM   #5

Original Poster
Issue K1 with M-lenses

Sorry folks for the late response-I was abroad without my K1. C4 26 setting 2 worked out fine, no need to change something else Thanks a lot-I have quite a bunch of oldies (like a 15mm f3.5 rectilinear) to try out. Kind greetings