Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-29-2016, 03:13 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
K-1 - Memory card ejector

So today I was second shooting for someone. They gave me a Sony card to use. I normally only use Sandisk or Lexar. Probably just a fluke it happened at this point, but when I went to give her the card back, it wouldn't eject. I managed to get it out, and I can put in another card, but nothing springs like it should. Second slot if working fine. When I put a card into the first, the card works, just have to manually pull it out. Anyone else have this happen to them? I expect it will have to go in for repair, not unless someone else has had this happen and knows a easy fix...

10-29-2016, 03:27 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It hasn't happened to me, but it does sound like the card caused some damage that'll have to be repaired.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-30-2016, 06:14 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
It hasn't happened to me, but it does sound like the card caused some damage that'll have to be repaired.
Agreed. I've sent an e-mail to Pentax Canada to get an ETA on repair time prior to sending it in. Don't want to be without the camera for a shoot if I can help it. Worse case I guess, I use my K-5iis, but it won't be the same. lol
10-30-2016, 10:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

When you get a torch and have a look into the card slot, do you see any gunk or debris in there?

The Sony card may have had some adhesive residue on it that has fouled the little spring mechanism that pushes the card out when you do the eject, or the gunk might simply be gumming up the sides of the slot, forcing cards to stick in the slot.

It's also possible that the Sony card had a label or something attached to it that has now fallen inside the slot and is blocking the eject spring.

The eject spring is located at the top of the card slot. You might be able to clear anything blocking the spring by using a partially straightened paper clip (or something equivalent). If you see anything in there, turn the camera power off, eject the battery, and gently scrape away whatever may be interfering with the spring.