Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-03-2016, 07:43 PM   #1

Pentax K-1 with Takumar glass

Hi everyone, loving my K-1 with my Takumars, it is really nice to use the old primes and the results are better than I expected, my 85/1.8 and 135/2.5 give nice results however I am struggling a bit with the wide angle results? My 28 /3.5 and 35/3.5 were not as sharp as I hoped, a little soft around the edges but nice color rendition. I know I should not expect too much from the old glass but I have to say the really good primes sure produce some beautiful natural images. Has anyone had much luck with their legacy glass? I was hoping to hear of a resurgence with this glass but I don't find many discussions about it?

11-03-2016, 08:19 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I think generally-speaking film-era wide-angle lenses really struggled in the corners and near the edges. It wasn't as easy to notice on film, but with pixel-peeping these days it can be pretty apparent. Just stop down a bit more than normal and you should be in decent shape.

When Pentax releases the new wide prime, I'm definitely going for it right away as I haven't been too happy with wide legacy primes.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-03-2016, 08:26 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for the reply I will keep that in mind on my next shoot, hard for me to keep up with the new glass financially at the moment but at least I have a supplier that would let me try before I buy which would help down the road.