Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 20 Likes Search this Thread
11-17-2016, 11:08 AM   #76
Pentaxian

So I've installed the new firmware and it seems to be working.
But when in bulb mode and live view, there is this small icon down to the right with the green button and a timer/clock and the text ON/OFF.
Isn't the ON/OFF display logic a bit backwards?
When the timer function is ON the icon with the timer states OFF, and vice verse.

One could explain it as "press the green button to enter the new state showed by the text." but that is backwards IMO. The SR symbol states OFF when it is OFF, so it would be logical for the timer symbol to also state OFF when it is OFF.

Not a big deal of course, but just something I noticed...

11-17-2016, 11:21 AM   #77
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by Gimbal Quote
So I've installed the new firmware and it seems to be working.
But when in bulb mode and live view, there is this small icon down to the right with the green button and a timer/clock and the text ON/OFF.
Isn't the ON/OFF display logic a bit backwards?
When the timer function is ON the icon with the timer states OFF, and vice verse.

One could explain it as "press the green button to enter the new state showed by the text." but that is backwards IMO. The SR symbol states OFF when it is OFF, so it would be logical for the timer symbol to also state OFF when it is OFF.

Not a big deal of course, but just something I noticed...
And I found it to be as logical as the Astrotracer/Bulb toggle
11-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
And I found it to be as logical as the Astrotracer/Bulb toggle
Same. It's the logical extension of a button that says 'Off' while the camera is turned on, versus a button that says 'On' while the camera is turned on.
11-17-2016, 11:24 AM   #79
Unregistered User

And after playing a little more with it I totally agree with you. It is not logical. Same goes for the Astrotracer/Bulb...

11-17-2016, 01:36 PM   #80

Photos: Gallery
Btw. I also tried to replicate the white dot issue on the white dot thread with my camera with v1.0 firmware. I was not affected (at least I did not get same results that affected people seemed to get with similar settings) so the problem apparently seems to be on a unit to unit. In short I don't think it's just "ignorance" that many people shoot away happily without experiencing the problem.

But yeah, please lets continue this on the white dot thread if it is necessary, otherwise this will end up in a threadjack that I apparently contributed to just now (oops).
11-17-2016, 02:48 PM   #81

Photos: Albums
I may have jumped the gun on 1.4 If the "noise reduction" is limited to JPG only, then GOOD. I dont need a repeat of the STAR EATER problem.

Also, for the record, I have never seen a hot pixel or "white dot" problem on my K-1.

R.
11-23-2016, 12:21 AM   #82
Veteran Member

I have 2 of the earliest bodies..No issues here

11-23-2016, 01:01 AM   #83
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I have 2 of the earliest bodies..No issues here
I stated the same thing about the K-5 button issue, then one day....
11-29-2016, 08:42 AM   #84
Veteran Member

maybe i'm doing something wrong, but with the 1.4 update, i cant seem to make liveview shoot with a flash. what gives?
i tried the 1/200, the 1/180, or even 1/50 or whatever, and nothing seems to work. as soon as i turn liveview off, flash fires just fine.
11-29-2016, 09:34 AM   #85
Pentaxian

If you activate 'LV Electronic Shutter' (Menu page 2, first item) you disable flash... That change came in 1.30 http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/pdf/K-1_Ver.1.30_Deta...d_features.pdf In the middle of the pdf page there is a long list under 'Caution:'

The pdf is locked, so I can't copy the text and paste it here.

Hope that solves the problem for you!
11-29-2016, 11:19 AM   #86
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by phoebus Quote
If you activate 'LV Electronic Shutter' (Menu page 2, first item) you disable flash... That change came in 1.30 http://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/digital/pdf/K-1_Ver.1.30_Deta...d_features.pdf In the middle of the pdf page there is a long list under 'Caution:'

The pdf is locked, so I can't copy the text and paste it here.

Hope that solves the problem for you!
I'm not sure what you mean by the PDF being locked, I was able to copy and paste this easily, but thanks for finding the link:

Caution:
*The drive mode that can be used with Electronic Shutter are single frame shooting, Self-timer shooting (12s/2s), Remote Control shooting(Immediate/3s), Mirror up shooting and Multiple exposure.
*The Shake Reduction function is fixed to OFF.

*The HDR mode cannot use with Electronic Shutter.

*The external flash is fixed to off (will not discharge)

*The moving subject may be distorted on the image.

*The flicker of fluorescent lamp or heavy movement of the subject may cause the corrupt image.
11-30-2016, 04:45 PM   #87
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
I'm not sure what you mean by the PDF being locked, I was able to copy and paste this easily, but thanks for finding the link:
I tried Adobe reader in text mode and screen capture, then Coreldraw. No dice... Glad you got it to work. Hope it helps the OP.

:-)