Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-21-2018, 06:28 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
FA* 24mm is available cheaper than FA 31mm 1.8 Limited or FA 20mm 2.8.
Sharpness is good to very good.

There is also a new wide angle large aperture prime lens on the Pentax 35mm full frame format lens roadmap for 2018.

DA 12-24mm covers 35mm full frame image circle from 18-24mm.
have not seen many FA24mm around... yes I hope for something new from the roadmap?but when..how hard is it to make a 24 prime!!
had the 12-24 but sold it,as OK but not great,was better on the K3II

01-21-2018, 07:30 PM   #32
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Shanti Quote
have not seen many FA24mm around... yes I hope for something new from the roadmap?but when..how hard is it to make a 24 prime!!
had the 12-24 but sold it,as OK but not great,was better on the K3II
It's just not popular on full frame with Canon, Nikon or Sony, Shanti. Zooms are the sellers.
01-31-2018, 03:55 PM   #33
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
K1 back now..what is best 24mm lens??
I must admit to not using my “Friendly Lady” (Pentax-A 24mm F2.8) very often these days, I'm preferring to use "Street Lady" (Pentax-A 28mm F2.8) or "Good Lady” (Pentax-A 20mm F2.8) as alternate focal lengths.
02-07-2018, 09:51 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
I must admit to not using my “Friendly Lady” (Pentax-A 24mm F2.8) very often these days, I'm preferring to use "Street Lady" (Pentax-A 28mm F2.8) or "Good Lady” (Pentax-A 20mm F2.8) as alternate focal lengths.
Love my "Good Lady" !!!

03-09-2018, 03:40 AM   #35

NIce shots there & model maybe they are about on the used market?

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 04:59 AM ----------

Thanks I check it out

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 05:01 AM ----------

colors don't matter as shoot raw...did your 1st copy work fine or is there need to try a few?? is Rokinon the same /rebranded Samyang?

---------- Post added 12-23-16 at 05:05 AM ----------

Yes the 15-30 or 24-70 were options..but price is too much now ..running 2 systems now..Nikon for Birds & K1 for the rest
I have the DA 12-24 ,but a bit funky on the K1.. & an old Sigma 24 2.8 Oly mount..but no way to adapt it without a glass inbetween ... Fotodiox adapters

Hello,

What Nikon System are you using?

Do you use the K1 for photo shoots? Does it do anything to moving subjects (quality, AF) ? I see lots of pictures of people, but they are still, and seem dull and lifeless to be honest.
I compared the d810 and the k1 for AF, and the d810 wins by miles. What' s your workaround for this?

Thanks!
03-09-2018, 02:41 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by urssu Quote
Hello,

What Nikon System are you using?
Hi D500 & PF 300 + TC & 200-500 just now..AF is amazing & AFC 9/10 are in focus of BIF

Do you use the K1 for photo shoots? Does it do anything to moving subjects (quality, AF) ? I see lots of pictures of people, but they are still, and seem dull and lifeless to be honest.
I compared the d810 and the k1 for AF, and the d810 wins by miles. What' s your workaround for this?

Thanks!

Hi D500 & PF 300 + TC & 200-500 just now..AF is amazing & AFC 9/10 are in focus of BIF
03-09-2018, 02:43 PM   #37

Hello,

So overall, it' s a better system (considering that AF is a prime requirement) . I have a k1 offering (dirt cheap) , but am not convinced. Hate the learning curve on the Nikon, but am 80 percent convinced it' s the way to go.
Can you give me some tips coming from Pentax to Nikon?

Thanks!

03-09-2018, 07:30 PM   #38
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by urssu Quote
Hello,

So overall, it' s a better system (considering that AF is a prime requirement) . I have a k1 offering (dirt cheap) , but am not convinced. Hate the learning curve on the Nikon, but am 80 percent convinced it' s the way to go.
Can you give me some tips coming from Pentax to Nikon?

Thanks!
Hi the K1 has better IQ/resolution than the D500 of course..was thinking to get the D850 if I sell my K1 & lenses?? more that no WA primes are coming from Pentax/Sigma for a long time it seems. & the D850 in crop is 20mpx... prob the best camera out now for the price.
But if its moving stuff --birds ,wildlife.etc... the D500 rocks.. Group AF I use the most,with a function button on front to switch to Single pt AF..So far best results that way.I use manual mode with auto ISO, like the Pentax auto ISO mode.Jpegs are quite good, but I always shoot Raw+ Jpeg,as NR on Jpegs cannot be totally turned off. At ISO 6400 I can quite clean bird shots..bit weird as 3200-6400 is sometime better than ISO 1200-1600?? I use DXO if their is noise,as their Raw noise algorithm is great.
Live view is quicker than Pentax, but still slow..never use it much..Video is better than Pentax as 4K. Lenses go on the other way..still messes me up it feels great in the hands..& lighter than K1. The PF300 is like 1/3 ligher than other 300 F4, & with a 1.4 TC is so handy to use. For Landscapes I use K1 as res. is better & DR..
And the buffer on D500 is 200 shots raw!! with QXD card..never have run out of buffer space..hate the K1 is 12 frames(raw) then locks up for 1 min or more..missed too many shots. But now the K1 upgrade is out it may be close to D850 in high ISO & DR?? m must see tests.. Hope this helps
03-09-2018, 08:42 PM   #39
Pentaxian

Hi the K1 has better IQ/resolution than the D500 of course..was thinking to get the D850 if I sell my K1 & lenses?? more that no WA primes are coming from Pentax/Sigma for a long time it seems. & the D850 in crop is 20mpx... prob the best camera out now for the price.
But if its moving stuff --birds ,wildlife.etc... the D500 rocks.. Group AF I use the most,with a function button on front to switch to Single pt AF..So far best results that way.I use manual mode with auto ISO, like the Pentax auto ISO mode.Jpegs are quite good, but I always shoot Raw+ Jpeg,as NR on Jpegs cannot be totally turned off. At ISO 6400 I can quite clean bird shots..bit weird as 3200-6400 is sometime better than ISO 1200-1600?? I use DXO if their is noise,as their Raw noise algorithm is great.
Live view is quicker than Pentax, but still slow..never use it much..Video is better than Pentax as 4K. Lenses go on the other way..still messes me up it feels great in the hands..& lighter than K1. The PF300 is like 1/3 ligher than other 300 F4, & with a 1.4 TC is so handy to use. For Landscapes I use K1 as res. is better & DR..
And the buffer on D500 is 200 shots raw!! with QXD card..never have run out of buffer space..hate the K1 is 12 frames(raw) then locks up for 1 min or more..missed too many shots. But now the K1 upgrade is out it may be close to D850 in high ISO & DR?? m must see tests.. Hope this helps
F24-50. I found one last summer and it is my primary lens along with other F and A lenses that are FF compatible.
03-09-2018, 10:49 PM   #40

Hello,

Lenses, ISO/ Shutter speed wheels etc. are all muscle memory/ habbits that can be retought.
* Menu system, rain resistance?

Sony Alpha 7r ii comes strong, but I see the button layout and Menu' s are a bi*ch. Still studying the overall cost.

Thanks for your time!