Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
12-22-2016, 02:23 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
D810 is still king of the hill for landscape purposes. You can use 19mm pc-e for all daylight wide angle needs and 45mm + 85mm pc-e for longer focal lengths. Or Otus lenses.

Same can be said for 5D4 - superb 17mm & 24mm T/S lenses and excellent 90mm option.
And photo stacking(for increased acuity ) to the mix and you have one hell of a system

12-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
Samsung
Do they still make cameras?
12-22-2016, 03:35 PM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

That was a great episode. Tony calls it pretty well and we know he likes Pentax deep down.
Chelsea looked bombed on this episode. Her input is more to keep the discussion moving, but I cannot take her seriously for gear advice. Her lens comment was silly.
12-22-2016, 04:13 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ian Stuart Forsyth Quote
And photo stacking(for increased acuity ) to the mix and you have one hell of a system
The K1 can do that. Amazing how Nikon owner are killing Pentax.

12-23-2016, 06:49 AM   #20
Veteran Member

There are only bottle-bottom tilt-shift options available for Pentax right now if Mirex adapted 645-glass does not count. And even then, K-1 is totally crippled considering the awful live view solution (exposure simulation fail) with fully manual lenses.

And no, K-1 does not help doing focus stacking (it could).
12-25-2016, 06:27 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mikeSF Quote
Chelsea looked bombed on this episode.
I thought the same. At times she looke lucid, but there were a couple of times when she appeared to be solidly wasted.

I don't know why they can't do this when both are in good shape. They had at least one other pretty drunken episode. I don't like the heavy drinking at the TCS end-of-year videos either. How many brain cells they are killing in their own time is not my business but publicly they shouldn't implicitly sanction such "games". Just my humble opinion.

Anyway, kudos to Tony for giving the K-1 such credit!
12-25-2016, 12:55 PM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I thought the same. At times she looke lucid, but there were a couple of times when she appeared to be solidly wasted.

I don't know why they can't do this when both are in good shape. They had at least one other pretty drunken episode. I don't like the heavy drinking at the TCS end-of-year videos either. How many brain cells they are killing in their own time is not my business but publicly they shouldn't implicitly sanction such "games". Just my humble opinion.

Anyway, kudos to Tony for giving the K-1 such credit!
Any criticisms of The Camera Store's drunkenness?

12-25-2016, 03:37 PM   #23
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Are you asking me?

I referred to the Camera Store when writing "I don't like the heavy drinking at the TCS end-of-year videos either.".
12-25-2016, 03:58 PM   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Are you asking me?

I referred to the Camera Store when writing "I don't like the heavy drinking at the TCS end-of-year videos either.".
Gotcha, sorry. I misread.
12-25-2016, 04:12 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Just to be clear, my comment about Chelsea was merely my observation, not a criticism. I don't have a problem if they're drinking or whatever in their videos, same with the camera store drinking games episodes. This is afterall entertainment with a touch of photography, so anything goes, lol. Tony is always so on point and she is sometimes on, sometimes off. Keeps it interesting.
12-25-2016, 05:58 PM - 2 Likes   #26
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Fun videos to watch and good for Pentax too! Otis says the K1 is superb for a portrait of him on Christmas day....even when shot in the K1 Crop Mode.....and I never argue with Otis!

Best Regards! & Merry Christmas to all Pentaxians from Otis Squirrel! ...and me too!