Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-29-2016, 10:08 AM   #46
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I saw the video till the end and I see there are several flaws in his argument.
1. Compares apples to pumpkins (whatever that mirror-less that he was showing off).
2. Old lenses are not optimal... (He does not have a FA*85 and an M50/1.2 I could tell. Sounds like he does not even have a M50/1.7 or a M50/1.4 to check on the "in-optimal" thingy. And that A50/2.8 Macro, F-50/2.8 Macro and A*200/f4 [macro which many don't have] pretty much suck on K-1 right?)
3. Satellite phones do not make phone calls via cellular networks. They are not smart devices like cellular phones these days. (K-1 can do everything APS-C does and more)
4. I agree with his emotions and reviews about the Pentax APS-C line (K-3, K-5ii, etc.) and that they were fingering the popular full frames on IQ already. He is in complete denial though (or subtly saying) that the K-1 blew everything out of water.
5. He is unhappy that his love for the Pentax APS-C bodies is now reduced because of the K-1 or at least he sounded like it. Obviously putting up a very weak (I really wanted to call it lame) argument by offering a wrong analogy of satellite phones.
6. His 1 line review in the beginning mostly shows his frustration and that K-1 is a no brainer. But his denial is reflected in the rest of his speech (like the word "manure" some one used. Its gentler and a lot less rude than saying "bull shit").

K-1 is a heartburn to many in many ways and we (the Pentaxians) need to be more empathetic and forgiving to the "not so enlightened" souls.

12-29-2016, 01:33 PM   #47
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Rob, I realize you're well intended and I really don't have any argument with you. But you're mistaken about something; he was specific - "IT professionals". It's a payback for receiving criticism in the past, not the first time it's happening.
And care to guess who was the target?
Fair enough. Something I clearly wasn't aware of.