Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 25 Likes Search this Thread
01-17-2017, 11:10 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Just bought a new K-1 from my employer.....Questions about shutter count.

Yesterday I bought 1 of two K-1 bodies my employer was selling very reasonable. I'm not that excited about it for myself as its just too big for my tastes and style , and I don't really have a need for a FF camera (that I know of so far). I most likely will sell it for a profit , but then again might possibly keep it after doing a few test shots and see for myself if its as amazing as I have read and heard.
At any rate , I went to verify the shutter count/actuations , but the link on this site seems to not work properly for the K-1 ?
My K3 came back with 47590clicks , and my K3II showed 7514. However when I tried it with the K-1 it never gives me a actuation number , and Ive tried it repeatedly to no avail.
Its not really that important as he says he only used it about a dozen test shots to make sure everything was ok and put it back in the box. I was there when it was purchased brand new along with 3 other K-1's.
Still I want to know my shutter count for my own records and especially if I end up selling it.
Can anyone advise ? Thank You.

Last edited by WestBug; 01-17-2017 at 11:15 AM.
01-17-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That sounds weird. Are you using the page on our site?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-17-2017, 11:17 AM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That sounds weird. Are you using the page on our site?
Yes I am. It just seems to load , and I wait and wait and wait , then nothing.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/pages/check-shutter-count-exif.html

This is what I used. JPG Image straight from the camera file on my computer. RAW is not enabled and I'm using no PS or processing of any kind.

Last edited by WestBug; 01-17-2017 at 11:33 AM.
01-17-2017, 11:24 AM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Maybe try Camera Shutter Count just to have another site to try?

01-17-2017, 11:35 AM - 1 Like   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by WestBug Quote
Yes I am. It just seems to load , and I wait and wait and wait , then nothing.

Check Camera Shutter Count and Manufacture Date

This is what I used. JPG Image straight from the camera file on my computer. RAW is not enabled and I'm using no PS or processing of any kind.
I'd try again, maybe with a different browser or a different file. The upload should work...

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-17-2017, 11:39 AM - 1 Like   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lithedreamer Quote
Maybe try Camera Shutter Count just to have another site to try?
Thank YOU ! Shutter count was 14. Very Happy.

---------- Post added 01-17-17 at 12:47 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I'd try again, maybe with a different browser or a different file. The upload should work...
Ok. Success ! However it took almost 4 minutes. Same JPG also shows 14. I guess I got impatient. Thank You.

Last edited by WestBug; 01-17-2017 at 11:47 AM.
01-17-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok. Success ! However it took almost 4 minutes. Same JPG also shows 14. I guess I got impatient. Thank You.
A little tip for the future - set the JPEG quality as low as possible to get the file size down; that will reduce the upload time considerably if you're on a relatively slow connection

01-17-2017, 12:00 PM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
A little tip for the future - set the JPEG quality as low as possible to get the file size down; that will reduce the upload time considerably if you're on a relatively slow connection
Duhh on me. I just figured that out and tried it again. Much faster now.
01-17-2017, 02:09 PM - 2 Likes   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BigMackCam Quote
A little tip for the future
Another little tip for the OP - download Exiftool, and look up shutter count (and other cool info in the EXIF) on your own PC. A handy tool to have around.
01-17-2017, 03:23 PM - 1 Like   #10

Yesterday I bought 1 of two K-1 bodies my employer was selling very reasonable. I'm not that excited about it for myself as its just too big for my tastes and style , and I don't really have a need for a FF camera (that I know of so far). I most likely will sell it for a profit , but then again might possibly keep it after doing a few test shots and see for myself if its as amazing as I have read and heard.
At any rate , I went to verify the shutter count/actuations , but the link on this site seems to not work properly for the K-1 ?
My K3 came back with 47590clicks , and my K3II showed 7514. However when I tried it with the K-1 it never gives me a actuation number , and Ive tried it repeatedly to no avail.
Its not really that important as he says he only used it about a dozen test shots to make sure everything was ok and put it back in the box. I was there when it was purchased brand new along with 3 other K-1's.
Still I want to know my shutter count for my own records and especially if I end up selling it.
Can anyone advise ? Thank You.
If you end up selling it you can sell it to me for said reasonable price! (semi serious but really depends on what tax refund looks like)
01-17-2017, 04:57 PM - 1 Like   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I think that you will like the results you get with a K1 quite a bit. I find it easier to use manual focus lens. The image quality is superb.
01-17-2017, 05:08 PM - 1 Like   #12
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gaweidert Quote
I think that you will like the results you get with a K1 quite a bit. I find it easier to use manual focus lens. The image quality is superb.
I just did two pixel shift images. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. This camera just blew me away with the resolution and detail. I'm going through all the menu items and features and so far I'm extremely impressed.
This requires lots of thought as I wasn't really prepared to get into a Pentax FF at any point. Now I'm trying to justify it and do have lots of really nice Pentax SMC A and SMC K lenses.
I had planned on getting a couple KS2 bodies for hard field use because of the articulating screen , or maybe even a couple K70's as a top end choice for field use for the same reason of the articulating screen .
When my Boss offered me this K-1 last night I jumped on it without really thinking first. I can say this , if it had a fully articulating screen I would be all over it and never look back. Now I'm ruined with the image quality.

Last edited by WestBug; 01-17-2017 at 05:28 PM.
01-17-2017, 05:14 PM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just did two pixel shift images. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. This camera just blew me away with the resolution and detail.
Sounds like it is a keeper
01-17-2017, 05:48 PM   #14
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
Sounds like it is a keeper
My Fiancé will make the final choice when I talk with her in a few minutes. She is a absolute dream of a lady , and I Love her dearly. She doesn't yet know what Ive done. We were supposed to get matching KS2 or K70 bodies for hiking and outdoor use in March when we get married. We will discuss it and come to an agreement.
Both of us are Photography Nuts and Camera Junkies.
01-17-2017, 06:02 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Since you have 2 K1s, give her the other one. It's a great camera!

Last edited by felixkh; 01-19-2017 at 12:14 AM.