Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K-1 2 year warranty deal next week?

Anyone here heard anything further about this?

Rumors: Pentax K-1 will come with a 2 years warranty next week | Pentax Rumors

Supposedly a bundle with the 28-105 WR at discount too.. right now it can be cheaper to buy them individually (camera and lens) so I'm wondering what prices will be like...

02-16-2017, 05:20 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Anyone here heard anything further about this?

Rumors: Pentax K-1 will come with a 2 years warranty next week | Pentax Rumors

Supposedly a bundle with the 28-105 WR at discount too.. right now it can be cheaper to buy them individually (camera and lens) so I'm wondering what prices will be like...
I think the new US Imaging group is actually starting to market as if they listen to dealers and buyers. Good for them.
02-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #3
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I think the new US Imaging group is actually starting to market as if they listen to dealers and buyers. Good for them.
Yes, I'm waiting next week to see what deals can be had during CP+. Might go with a K-1 ...even though the thought alone hurts in spending that much on something I know will depreciate fairly rapidly.
02-16-2017, 05:54 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

You already get a 2 year warranty if you order with a visa card

But yes, there have been nice bundle deals recently, not sure if they will be making a comeback given recent standalone lens price drops. Definitely plan on covering any deals as they come out.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
02-16-2017, 06:21 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yes, I'm waiting next week to see what deals can be had during CP+. Might go with a K-1 ...even though the thought alone hurts in spending that much on something I know will depreciate fairly rapidly.
In the past Dealers were after 11 months already discounting new Pentax cameras fairly aggressively. I'm not so sure a body/lens package deal with a warranty card suggests K-1 price is set to decline imminently.

Of course a used K-1 with 150,000 clicks won't command a NIB second hand price.
02-16-2017, 06:28 PM   #6
mee
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
In the past Dealers were after 11 months already discounting new Pentax cameras fairly aggressively. I'm not so sure a body/lens package deal with a warranty card suggests K-1 price is set to decline imminently.

Of course a used K-1 with 150,000 clicks won't command a NIB second hand price.
Well I'm not expecting price decreases as much as product bundles on the bodies. It seems a couple years ago Pentax stopped doing the drastic sales after a year model.... And it seems the higher up the tier of cameras, the slower products are released and the lesser prices decrease over time.