Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-21-2017, 04:53 PM - 1 Like   #1

Photos: Albums
Nikon lens on K1

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

bit help if possible .....i,m sure this is legal in some states

but i have put a Nikon 35mm F2.8 on my K1 using and adaptor

every thing is working fine and in manual focus it works great.... however ...i tried to get catch in focus working with it, and if i hold down the shutter button it just ...takes photo

i have read thru a lot of forums post and i still can,t work it out ....i,m sure i had i working before with a old vivtar lens but i can,t figure out whats going on and maybe i have missed something

i have item 24 on the menu set to 2 ....catch in focus

the body af/m switch is set to AF

auto focus is set to AFS

what have i missed

02-21-2017, 05:25 PM - 2 Likes   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Does your adapter have a base that conducts electricity? CIF will not work with lenses lacking a conductive base.

Steve
02-21-2017, 05:30 PM - 1 Like   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does your adapter have a base that conducts electricity? CIF will not work with lenses lacking a conductive base.

Steve
thanks Steve its metal

its this one

Fotodiox Pro Lens Mount Adapter, Nikon F Lens to Pentax: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

but its covered in black paint
02-21-2017, 05:37 PM - 1 Like   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dcshooter Quote
That is anofizing, not paint. Best bet for making it conductive is metallic paint.
ok would this work

Electric Paint 50ml: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

02-21-2017, 05:47 PM - 1 Like   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gnugent Quote
bit help if possible .....i,m sure this is legal in some states

but i have put a Nikon 35mm F2.8 on my K1 using and adaptor

every thing is working fine and in manual focus it works great.... however ...i tried to get catch in focus working with it, and if i hold down the shutter button it just ...takes photo

i have read thru a lot of forums post and i still can,t work it out ....i,m sure i had i working before with a old vivtar lens but i can,t figure out whats going on and maybe i have missed something

i have item 24 on the menu set to 2 ....catch in focus

the body af/m switch is set to AF

auto focus is set to AFS

what have i missed
I'd never use that adapter you link too. It has a cheap glass element in it which degrades the image.

Certainly there are some high quality Nikkor lenses out there that I understand one might want to use on a K1. I own many Nikkor lenses, but don't use them on my K1. But if I did, I'd get a glassless Leitax adapter for about twice what you paid for the one you bought and permanently put it on my Nikkor lens. Of course doing so would make the lens manual and you'd loose auto-focus capability. But for the best IQ from Nikkors on a K1 that's the best way to go.

If autofocus and getting all the info embedded in your image file are important, you might want to just sell you AF Nikkors and get an AF Pentax lens. A lot easier than messing about with adapters with glass elements in them. I happen to think that there are plenty of wonderful AF Pentax lenses out there that I suspect you'd like much better on your K1 anyway.

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 02-21-2017 at 05:54 PM.
02-21-2017, 06:03 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
I'd never use that adapter you link too. It has a cheap glass element in it which degrades the image.

Certainly there are some high quality Nikkor lenses out there that I understand one might want to use on a K1. I own many Nikkor lenses, but don't use them on my K1. But if I did, I'd get a glassless Leitax adapter for about twice what you paid for the one you bought and permanently put it on my Nikkor lens. Of course doing so would make the lens manual and you'd loose auto-focus capability. But for the best IQ from Nikkors on a K1 that's the best way to go.

If autofocus and getting all the info embedded in your image file are important, you might want to just sell you AF Nikkors and get an AF Pentax lens. A lot easier than messing about with adapters with glass elements in them. I happen to think that there are plenty of wonderful AF Pentax lenses out there that I suspect you'd like much better on your K1 anyway.
Fenwoodian yes i,m working up to that adaptor..i love the leitax website ..i just wanted some thing cheap to play with for now ...you can pop the glass out of this one but you loose infinity focus

and thanks steve and DC shooter..... i worked out what was going on so i popped a bit of foil in to short out the pins and CIF works like a dream
02-21-2017, 06:09 PM - 2 Likes   #7
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gnugent Quote
Fenwoodian yes i,m working up to that adaptor..i love the leitax website ..i just wanted some thing cheap to play with for now ...you can pop the glass out of this one but you loose infinity focus

and thanks steve and DC shooter..... i worked out what was going on so i popped a bit of foil in to short out the pins and CIF works like a dream
Neat trick - a bit of foil and a paperclip; sounds like you're the new MacGyver of the photography world.