Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2017, 09:56 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Interval with 2sec delay?

I'm trying to use the built in intervalometer and the 2 sec mirror lock up at the same time, but it seems it can't be done. Or am I missing something?

02-24-2017, 11:36 AM   #2
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Since the two are mutually exclusive drive modes, you are correct. I don't have a K-1 to test it on, but you may be able to get what you need with an external intervalometer with either the 2-second delay or (more flexibly*) with the electronic shutter in live view.

Steve

* Should be able to emulate interval composite if needed, but at the expense of significant battery drain.
02-24-2017, 12:04 PM   #3
Unregistered User

Under the INT press Info and the bottom alternative choose 2s..

EDIT:

And that is only for the first shoot... Hm... Why?

---------- Post added 02-24-17 at 08:19 PM ----------

I must admit it is quite sad that it is not possible to use 2s or ES or MUP when using the internal intervalometer.
02-24-2017, 02:50 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Yes, sad...but happily you can get external intervalometers for the price of a light lunch.

02-24-2017, 03:06 PM   #5
Unregistered User

QuoteOriginally posted by victormeldrew Quote
Yes, sad...but happily you can get external intervalometers for the price of a light lunch.
Yes you can but what is the point of having it build in.. almost? The reason I would like to not have an external is to keep the weather sealing intact.
It has to be only a few lines of code to get it fixed.
02-25-2017, 08:11 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
At least there wasn't some obvious setting I had missed.
But it is indeed strange it can't be done as it feels like an (IMHO) obvious option to the intervalometer.
02-25-2017, 08:29 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

my guess would be that it would be something to do with the power drain of all those cumulative 2secs of holding the mirror up (and, of course that it would put a lower limit on the interval you could shoot at, which would create another minor programming complexity) - but I've often thought that a lever that hold the mirror up mechanically would be a useful addition for various functions that require a lot of MUP

02-25-2017, 11:20 AM   #8

Since K5 I wished, that the internal intervalometer isn't a drive mode, but a separate screen. So that I can combine it with other drives modes, in particular with 2 sec mirror lock, when the camera is on a tripod, taking pictures with a long focal length when the sun goes down. Some day I bought an external one and everything was fine. Only one more part to carry and one part more, which can run out of batterie.

But until now I didn't understand, why the internal intervalometer must be a drive mode. All other drive modes can be combined, if I use an external one. Why shouldn't it work with an internal ? Only a few byte of firmware I think.