Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-24-2017, 11:49 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
K1 battery grip

Hello, I've lost the small plastic cap that protects contact pins of the DBG6 grip. When using long lenses, I like to have the battery grip mounted. Otherwise, I prefer the small size of the K1 body only. I don't know how to carry the grip when not mounted on the K1, being afraid that if I place the grip bare in the camera bag, the contact pins may be damaged. How do you cope with that?

02-25-2017, 01:08 AM   #2
Veteran Member

If you have other Pentax grips in your kit, I suspect the cap that works on the DBG5 or DBG4 grip will fit the DBG6.
02-25-2017, 03:54 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
If you have other Pentax grips in your kit, I suspect the cap that works on the DBG5 or DBG4 grip will fit the DBG6.
halas, I don't have. But... I may use a screw on cap (using the grip own screw). Interesting that this is not delivered with the grip itself. I googled it, in case I'd find something developed for other brands. It seems that there is nearly nothing to protect battery grip connectors when not mounted on the cameras.
02-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
halas, I don't have. But... I may use a screw on cap (using the grip own screw). Interesting that this is not delivered with the grip itself. I googled it, in case I'd find something developed for other brands. It seems that there is nearly nothing to protect battery grip connectors when not mounted on the cameras.
Plastic bag.

02-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
Veteran Member

I eventually stuffed Nikon D800 compatible grip into hard little plastic case when I used D800E and had no use for the grip in some situations. This bent pin thing happened to me twice but it was nothing a pair of small pliers would not handle.
02-27-2017, 11:57 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MJKoski Quote
eventually stuffed Nikon D800 compatible grip into hard little plastic case when I used D800E and had no use for the grip in some situations. This bent pin thing happened to me twice but it was nothing a pair of small pliers would not handle.
Thank for the idea. I just have to find a small box with the right size, maybe add some foam inside.
02-27-2017, 12:34 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
. @biz-engineer Try:

Mike's Camera Repair

They're an Authorized Pentax parts dealer. I imagine the cover from any Pentax battery grip will fit. I tried to find the part # but struck out

02-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
. @biz-engineer Try: Mike's Camera Repair They're an Authorized Pentax parts dealer. I imagine the cover from any Pentax battery grip will fit. I tried to find the part # but struck out
Thanks , they have so many repair parts.. too bad that's in the US.
02-27-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Thanks , they have so many repair parts.. too bad that's in the US.
i'm sure one of we ugly Americans would gladly serve as a middleman.
02-27-2017, 11:02 PM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
i'm sure one of we ugly Americans would gladly serve as a middleman.
I mean, that's regarding shipment time / costs / customs.
03-02-2017, 01:47 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Cut a small piece of styrofoam big enough to cover the pins and press onto them. Then hold that in place with a piece of painter's tape (removes with no residue) or a rubber band." ~ Macgyver