Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
03-31-2017, 05:13 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It's heee....eeere!!

Question - how do I set it to the Newfoundland time zone? Right now the closest it's letting me get is Halifax, though it did let me set the time manually.

For the record, the first shot was taken with a Rikenon-P 55mm f/1.2 lens at f/1.2

Just because I thought it deserved an f/1.2 lens for the first shot. And putting a Ricoh lens on it seemed... sort of fitting. Thank you, Ricoh, for saving Pentax and giving us the K-1.

03-31-2017, 05:19 AM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

well... as they say, pics or it didn't happen...

(and congrats)
03-31-2017, 05:31 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Pic tonight when I am home from work and can relax. I had to take one shot, simply because if it wasn't working it was going straight back in the box and back to Henry's. But all seems fine.
03-31-2017, 05:32 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Congratulations on the new camera body, and on your patience in waiting this long to get one. I gave in far too quickly when a friend said "come on - we can get a discount if we order two at the same time". So we did.

03-31-2017, 05:53 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Well that's your Single In lens sorted for April
03-31-2017, 05:57 AM   #6
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pathdoc Quote
Speak of the Devil and he appears.
So the devil has a new toy to play with.
Congratulations on your new camera!
03-31-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Well that's your Single In lens sorted for April
Well no, it isn't, because my choices have now both expanded and contracted massively!

The upside is that the S-M-C Tak gets one shot on the new beastie to show its true colours.

The downside is that I now have to have a long, careful think about which lens I use. I have already singled with the Rikenon P 55/1.2 and I'm not sure I'm ready to repeat yet; I think that one should be saved for when it's sunny and there are flowers and fruiting trees so that I can go bokehmaniacal with it. But now that the 100 WR Macro is a true 100 again and not a 150 equivalent, I might yet end up sticking with it (whoever said that the K-1 makes a new lens of it was right; it still whines and whirrs and takes its time getting there, but the see-saw hunting and horrific overshoot tendencies seem a thing of the past).

03-31-2017, 06:59 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Right now the closest it's letting me get is Halifax, though it did let me set the time manually.
Several South American countries are in the same time zone as Newfoundland, so you could plug in a location from there.

World Population by Time Zone - Art+Science
03-31-2017, 07:14 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Question - how do I set it to the Newfoundland time zone? Right now the closest it's letting me get is Halifax, though it did let me set the time manually.

For the record, the first shot was taken with a Rikenon-P 55mm f/1.2 lens at f/1.2

Just because I thought it deserved an f/1.2 lens for the first shot. And putting a Ricoh lens on it seemed... sort of fitting. Thank you, Ricoh, for saving Pentax and giving us the K-1.
Good choice! I did IMGP_0001.xxx with SMCP 1:1.2/50
QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Several South American countries are in the same time zone as Newfoundland, so you could plug in a location from there.

World Population by Time Zone - Art+Science
Yes: The setting has a global map and you can probably 'guess' pretty accurately when you scroll the South American cities.
03-31-2017, 07:16 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Yes: The setting has a global map and you can probably 'guess' pretty accurately when you scroll the South American cities.
Newfoundland is in its own little space, and I would like to know how to access this!!!
03-31-2017, 07:26 AM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Newfoundland is in its own little space, and I would like to know how to access this!!!
Here in Ontario, on CBC radio everything happens half an hour later in Newfoundland. I've never thought about why it's not a full hour.
03-31-2017, 07:27 AM   #12
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

That is a tricky question and I wished I could help you with this "1/2 hour" time zone difference!
On the other hand, I can congratulate you for acquiring such a great camera!
03-31-2017, 07:32 AM   #13
Veteran Member

Doesn't look like it's possible... did you manage to set it on your K-5? I can't set it on my K-50. Doing a bit of searching it seems most people just set it to Atlantic time, 1/2 hour isn't that much of a difference. Who uses the specific time anyways? I just use it to see the general time of day, besides adding 1/2 hour when you want the specific time isn't a challenging task. Whatever you do just take the K-1 out and make pictures and enjoy yourself
03-31-2017, 07:34 AM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jacamar Quote
Here in Ontario, on CBC radio everything happens half an hour later in Newfoundland. I've never thought about why it's not a full hour.
They do that over all of Canada, reason why NL is a 1/2 our:
Newfoundland Time Zone - Wikipedia
03-31-2017, 09:45 AM   #15
Master of the obvious
Loyal Site Supporter

Congratulations! And you should update your signature